Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
|Set:||Madness at the Darkmoon Faire|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Cast spell, Deal damage, Destroy, Generate, Increment attribute, Modify cost, Summon, Take control|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Random, Rush-granting, Spell-generating, Spell-related|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Battlecry: If you've cast 10 spells this game, spin the Wheel of Yogg-Saron.
Yogg take the wheel!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate||1600||400|
|Golden Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate||3200||1600|
Wheel of Yogg-Saron[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate's Battlecry casts randomly one of the six spells in the Wheel of Yogg-Saron.
- Only Rod of Roasting has 5% chance to be cast, while all other spells have 19% chance.
- Rod of Roasting is capped to cast Pyroblast at most 60 times. If both heroes remain alive after that (which can happen if both heroes are Immune or have lots of Armor), the player who played Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate wins.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- The wheel animation for Hand of Fate softlocked (temporarily disconnected) the game for the opponent, forcing them to close Hearthstone and reconnect. This was fixed in Patch 188.8.131.52600.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- The tracker in the card's text, that shows how many spells are left before Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate's Battlecry would activate, increments whenever you play a spell. However, the Battlecry only activates after ten spells you've played have resolved—meaning if you've played 10 or more spells, but some of them did not resolve, due to secrets like Counterspell or Oh My Yogg!—Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate's text would say it is ready, but the card would not have a glowing border, and not activate its Battlecry.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Like the original Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate is an extremely random high-risk high-reward card. Most of Yogg's results from the wheel are usually helpful when you are behind, making this card good in Control decks stalling out for a win condition. Make sure you taken all the precautions from this card BEFORE you play him, as Rod of Roasting or Mysterybox can end the game outright. Do keep in mind that Yogg's effect is conditional, making him more suited for decks that can play lots of spells.
The most ideal conditions to play Yogg-Saron are when you have an empty board and the opponent has three or more minions, ensuring maximum value from Mindflayer Goggles, summoning minimal minions for your opponent with Curse of Flesh, and avoiding destroying your own board with Devouring Hunger. The sole exception is Rod of Roasting, which will typically result in a win for whoever had the highest health. While not always possible to play around, you should try to play Yogg while both players have similar health or yours is higher.
Curse of Flesh[edit | edit source]
This is ideally used when the opponent has a full board and you have an empty one, giving them no minions and giving you six that are available to attack. Since you have the initiative, this lets you make ideal trades. Try to kill off Deathrattles it generates and let end-of-turn effect minions survive.
Devouring Hunger[edit | edit source]
This is the most straight-forward fate, nuking the board and putting a huge minion in play. Yogg is likely to get hard removed after casting this, but can provide a huge threat in case the opponent has nothing. This one is especially devastating against all-in aggressive decks, but weaker against a control matchup.
Hand of Fate[edit | edit source]
This is the most controlled fate, giving you a random assortment of spells that you can aim wherever you like. The typical hand will gain around five cards, which is decent but less likely to save you from a sticky situation than the others. Any spells that aren't played can be kept for later value, making this a good result for slower games.
Mindflayer Goggles[edit | edit source]
Stealing three minions while summoning an additional 7/5 can be utterly devastating for the opponent. The main downside this has is that wide boards aren't likely to have very many powerful minions, but even in the worst case this is still a potential +7 in board advantage.
Mysterybox[edit | edit source]
This fate lets you play with the original Yogg-Saron. This effect is incredibly powerful, but also massively unpredictable. For more specific notes on this one, see Yogg-Saron, Hope's End#Strategy.
Rod of Roasting[edit | edit source]
With a much smaller chance to show up, Rod of Roasting provides an unstoppable, explosive ending to the match. There's not much you can do to play around this one, other than try to ensure that you have a higher health total than your opponent. Cards that grant Immune to your hero, such as spells like Time Out! and Blur can be used to guarantee that Rod of Roasting will kill the opponent. Since Rod of Roasting only has a 5% chance to be cast, this is only a gimmick rather than a reliable strategy.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- ▶️<Music stinger>
- ▶️Your fate... is bound to ME.
- Effect triggering
- ▶️ALL will be laid BARE.[Mysterybox]
- ▶️I leave their fate to you.[Hand of Fate]
- ▶️They are coming for you.[Curse of Flesh]
- ▶️Trust was your failure.[Mindflayer Goggles]
- ▶️I will devour the world.[Devouring Hunger]
- ▶️<maniacal cackling>[Rod of Roasting]
- ▶️I am destiny.
- ▶️<death sound>
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206600 (2020-12-15): Fixed a bug where the wheel animation for Hand of Fate softlocks (temporarily disconnects) the game for the opponent. Readded the Hand of Fate's wheel animation.
- Server-side patch:[citiation needed] Temporarily removed Hand of Fate's wheel animation.
- Patch 220.127.116.11614 (2020-11-12): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Clark Hellscream (2020-11-18). ROD OF ROASTING VERSUS ICE BLOCK | IMMUNE VS INFINITE PYROBLASTS | Hearthstone Darkmoon Experiments. YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-11-20. Tested with Patch 18.104.22.168614.
- Kinky Gaming (2020-11-19). Rod of Roasting vs 1.8 billion armor - Hearthstone. YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-11-20. Tested with Patch 22.214.171.124614.
- Cam (2020-12-01). Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate and counterspell. Official Blizzard forums. Retrieved on 2020-12-06. Tested with Patch 126.96.36.199614.