Master of spellcasting. Lousy at spell-aiming.
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
These decks correspond only to level 6 in Chapter 5. If this boss is encountered on levels 4-5, his deck will be missing 5 random cards.
|Mana Bind||1||Magic Trick||2|
|Simulacrum||2||Tome of Intellect||1|
|Kirin Tor Tricaster||2||Primordial Glyph||2|
|Wee Spellstopper||1||Research Project||1|
|Curio Collector||1||Sorcerer's Apprentice||1|
|Flame Lance||1||Unstable Portal||2|
|Glacial Mysteries||1||Forgotten Torch||1|
|Explosive Sheep||1||Stargazer Luna||1|
|Loot Hoarder||2||Unexpected Results||1|
|Novice Engineer||2||Echo of Medivh||1|
|Acolyte of Pain||2||Polymorph||1|
|Shimmering Courser||2||Blast Wave||1|
|Arcane Tyrant||2||Cabalist's Tome||1|
|Red Mana Wyrm||1||Deck of Wonders||1|
|Power of Creation||1|
Xur'ios plays a standard mage spell deck. The only thing you have to worry about is the card he draws at the start and you have the advantage of him deciding not to play it. Simply play as normal by building up your board and deal with whatever he throws at you.
If he plays such cards as Bloodmage Thalnos, Loot Hoarder or Gadgetzan Auctioneer, kill them on your turn to prevent effect of his hero power. Otherwise with good draw he can easily cast a lot of 0-cost powerful spells like Cabalist's Tome, Firelands Portal or Power of Creation in one turn what would be fatal for you likely.
- Arch-Villain Rafaam
- Xur'ios! The craftiest of ethereals. Your magic will be unstable around him.
- vs. Tekahn
- Ooh, a Warlock. I know your kind well.
- I have allied with one of your more... powerful kin. Perhaps you've heard of Rafaam?
- Greetings, traveler.
- Xur'ios casts 0-cost spell
- Chaos does have a purpose.
- That one got away from me.
- That works for me.
- Player draws a spell
- I trust that is what you wanted?
- It's for your happiness.
- Was that what you intended? Hm.
- Have you come to speak with the Nine?
- I see between the galaxies.
- I suppose we shall unravel some of the mysteries of time while we wait.
- I was not sent here to wait around.
- There is much your future holds that remains unseen.
- The Coin
- Ah, a coin. How curious.
- The Darkness
- Before the Darkness, there was the Light.
- Equip a Legendary weapon
- Nice legendary. I'll trade you for some of my more exotic wares.
- Quite an exotic weapon you've got your hands on.
- Play a card for 9 mana at turn 9
- Hm, another Agent of the Nine perhaps? Interesting...
- This is but one end...
- I was told this would be more difficult.
- Xur'ios is an ethereal vendor that can be found at the Antonidas Memorial in the Broken Isles version of Dalaran.
- The artwork for this boss comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Tomb of the Forgotten" series, for the card Monstrous Rush.
- Patch 220.127.116.11761 (2019-07-01): Decreased the power of Heroic deck.
- Patch 18.104.22.168795 (2019-05-14): Added.
|The Dalaran Heist|
|Chapter 1: Dalaran Bank||
|Chapter 2: The Violet Hold||
|Chapter 3: Streets of Dalaran||
|Chapter 4: The Underbelly||
|Chapter 5: Kirin Tor Citadel||