|Wiki tags:||Beast-generating, Random|
Spider cocoons are like little piñatas!
How to get
Two copies of regular Webspinner (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 1.
Two copies of golden Webspinner (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as hunter.
As well as being collected in decks, this card can also be generated by the following card.
- Similar to Ysera, this card's Deathrattle does not draw a card from the player's deck, but generates a random collectible Beast minion card and places it into their hand.
- Webspinner can generate any collectible Beast minion in the game, including neutral Beasts and those specific to any class. This includes Beasts from all card sets, and all adventures and expansions, regardless of whether the player owns them or not. Beasts of any rarity may be generated, from common Beasts like the Ironfur Grizzly to legendary Beasts like Malorne. Uncollectible Beasts like those from Animal Companion will not be generated.
- As with all random effects, all possible cards are equally likely to be drawn; a player is as likely to draw King Krush as they are to draw another Webspinner.
- Webspinner can cause the player to possess multiples of cards beyond ordinary deck limits, including multiples of legendary Beasts like King Mukla, Maexxna and The Beast.
- If augmented by Baron Rivendare's ongoing effect, this minion's Deathrattle will generate two Beast cards for the controlling player. These draws will be made separately, and may therefore result in two of the same Beast, or more likely two different Beasts.
Jeweled Macaw is a similar minion, but offers a card faster, potentially immediately creating a 2-mana Beast for your Mana curve. However, it lacks synergies with cards like Feign Death, Play Dead, and Necromechanic, giving Webspinner an edge in Deathrattle heavy builds.
Shimmerfly is another alternative to Webspinner. Hunter spells are generally more powerful than a random Beast, but Beasts will more consistently synergize with cards like Kill Command and Dire Frenzy.
- Webspinner served to "set the stage" for the later introduction of Unstable Portal and the various piloted shredder minions in Goblins vs Gnomes, employing a similar design but with a far greater degree of RNG. Ben Brode states that players responded "very well" to Webspinner's random generate ability, and as a result the designers "doubled-down" the mechanic for Goblins vs Gnomes.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Betrayal of the Guardian" series, for the card Blackfang Tarantula.
- Patch 184.108.40.20624 (2014-07-22): Added.