|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
No relation to "The Voidsteppers", the popular Void-based dance troupe.
How to get
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
As well as being collected in decks, this card can also be summoned by the following card.
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Voidwalker were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warlock class.
- Two Golden copies of Voidwalker were a reward for raising a warlock to levels 36 and 38.
The Voidwalker is a reasonably tough Taunt minion with a very low cost making it a great front line tank for a warlock deck. Not only is it one of the few Demons with no back-firing Battlecry, it is arguably better than Shieldbearer and directly superior to Goldshire Footman while retaining the same low cost. It has 1 more health than the Footman, and can synergize with Demon-play.
- ▶️Why do you call?
- ▶️As you command.
- ▶️<death sound>
The ability to summon a Voidwalker is a warlock skill first seen in World of Warcraft, where they are useful tanking minions, used by warlocks to take damage in their stead. Voidwalkers themselves, however, are seen earlier in Warcraft lore in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Voidwalkers first appeared in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne as a type of Outland creep. Lorewise, they served little purpose other than being random monsters fought by Kael'thas Sunstrider, Lady Vashj and Illidan Stormrage when Illidan fled to Outland in order to hide from Kil'jaeden (after failing his task of destroying the Frozen Throne - he later failed it once more) and Kael'thas, accompanied by Lady Vashj, later went to look for him. The voidwalkers they encountered were however guarding Magtheridon's Dimensional Gateways and his Black Citadel, which implies that they were either his slaves or soldiers. It was also possible to hire voidwalkers (and other Outland-creeps - even eredar) from a Mercenary Camp they found. Voidwalkers are even more trivial in custom maps where they only guard random treasures and/or points of interest such as gold mines. Some custom maps also have the same type of Mercenary Camp where voidwalkers can be hired. Eredar Diabolists are able to summon voidwalkers.
- Voidwalker used different art in the game's alpha, but was changed to better represent the classic Voidwalker image. The art was later used for Voidcaller.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Jek'kresh.