|Wiki tags:||Combat-related, Triggered effect|
Rumor has it that Deathwing brought about the Cataclysm after losing a game to this card. We may never know the truth.
How to get
- Regular Vaporize could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- Vaporize takes effect in the same step of the attack sequence as the Forgetful effect, as well as most other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- Vaporize will not trigger if the attacker is neutralized by another effect before it can activate. This occurs when it has left play (such as by a return to hand effect) or is mortally wounded (0 or less Health).
It is generally a good idea to play this card when your opponent has a massive monster bearing down on you (such as Deathwing). A good counter strategy is to send in a weak minion in first to burn the trap before you attack with your massive monster.
- If a player puts Vaporize and Freezing Trap into play in that order, when an enemy minion attacks the hero, Vaporize would trigger first and mark the minion with pending destroy, then Freezing Trap would trigger and return the "dying" minion to hand. If this minion is then played, it will immediately die.
Surprisingly, this is not a mage ability in World of Warcraft. The only character with an ability of this name in WoW is a Bound Zephyr in the Bastion of Twilight, where it deals a respectable amount of damage and causing the afflicted player's armor to not protect them for ten seconds.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Living Pyre.
- This card's art depicts a mace-wielding draenei mage summoning fire against a tauren. This is odd as mages do not traditionally wield maces, and are in fact unable to equip them in World of Warcraft, the game upon which the art was originally based.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.124662 (2021-03-25): Now has Fire spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 126.96.36.19988 (2013-06-22): Now activates when a minion attacks your hero, rather than when your opponent plays a minion.
- Hearthstone Laboratory (2015-12-26; tested in Patch 188.8.131.5256 (2015-12-04)). [Hearthstone Laboratory] Vaporize vs Freezing Trap, Vaporize vs Explosive Trap (both orders).
- Patashu (2015-8-24). Playing Vaporize then Freezing Trap puts a destroyed minion in your hand.
- Hearthstone Laboratory (2016-5-7; tested in Patch 184.108.40.20674 (WotOG patch)). [Hearthstone Laboratory] Vaporize vs. Freezing Trap (Patch 5.0).