Quest vs reward page info distribution[edit source]
Hey, I'm glad to see you chiming in about where to keep the information for quests vs rewards, because I'm trying to get a discussion going about that. There are pros and cons to all the options - for instance, now that all the notes & strategy are back on the Open the Waygate page, but the Time Warp page still has card trivia and images, a reader might look at the "half-filled" page and simply assume there isn't any notes and strategy to read for Time Warp. Anyway, this could still be the best solution, I'm just not 100% convinced any which way and I'm guessing there's a variety of opinions. If you want to leave a quick comment on the Quest talk page about why you're in favor of this style, your input would be appreciated! - jerodast (talk) 21:54, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- I don't really see her as a tech card so much as just a stalling card, at least not as obviously. She can be a tech pick, but she's not as clear. The page isn't for listing every single tech card, but rather just for having a solid base of examples. TheMurlocAggroB (talk) 15:48, 14 September 2020 (UTC)
Admin offer[edit source]
I'd like to belatedly offer you a promotion to administrator for the wiki, as you were recommended in a message I missed. The biggest upshot would be the ability to edit the main page and other protected pages. Of course, this comes with user administration powers as well, but the need to use those seems to be rare here. Let me know if you're interested in accepting. SBEyes (talk) 23:37, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- Absolutely. Mostly I'd just like to clean up all the pages that need deletion, but anything to be more helpful. TheMurlocAggroB (talk) 00:12, 13 November 2020 (UTC)
I don't understand why this was deleted, I think it's informative for us to have a place to collect the various pop culture references used in the game. Although we can note them spread out on individual pages, that doesn't give us an easy hub to consolidate all known ones. Tycio (talk) 22:44, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
- Because there's probably several thousand of them in Hearthstone spread out among all the artwork, flavour text, and quotes. I mean, if you want to curate a very thorough page, start it in your sandbox. As is, it's not really something I want to maintain. Also, it should probably have a more formal name, ie; "List of pop culture references in Hearthstone" to mirror the article on Wowpedia. TheMurlocAggroB (talk) 06:31, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
That sure has a long name, I suppose since the WOW wiki covers more than just WOW they end it in "in Warcraft" to specify they're talking not just about WOW but the entire franchise.
In this case though I was only referring to stuff in Hearthstone so it didn't seem necessary, kind of like how it's just Battlegrounds as opposed to "Battlegrounds in Hearthstone" so people don't assume we're not talking about lower-cased B "battlegrounds" in the general franchise. Like maybe appending is only needed when describing stuff in context aside from wiki's main topic?
Per your suggested put it in sandbox for curation so I can add stuff as I notice. Guess I figured having it in the main space would allow others to add stuff as they noticed, since I'm bound to miss some stuff. What do you think the threshold would be for "number of references" before it's adequately curated? Hoping less than a thousand. Tycio (talk) 21:46, 21 February 2021 (UTC)
AI question[edit source]
re the deletion of Cutthroat Willie talk page mentioning of him shanking his own minion, if discussing boss AI on their own talk isn't appropriate do you know if there is a more central location for noting AI oddities for bosses?
Using A New Face on a Kodorider just happened for Face Collector (boss), for example, which seems like another less-strategic failure, especially when he has a 2+3/5 Maiden of the Lake he could've targeted to decrease his mana cost. Tycio (talk) 19:30, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
- It's pretty well known that the AI sucks. It doesn't need a discussion page. TheMurlocAggroB (talk) 19:41, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
Elise in other cards[edit source]
Asking because of special:diff/438443 and I wasn't sure if you thought it wasn't Elise depicted in Frozen Crusher or the trivia should only be a 1-way mention and that we shouldn't mention other spell cards Trailblazer appears in under her trivia? Tycio (talk) 23:50, 6 April 2021 (UTC)
- I removed it because it was formatted horribly and I'm sick of fixing the stuff you add. If you want to add trivia stuff like that, feel free, but make sure it's formatted the way I put it. Trivia goes above the gallery, and you don't shove a big card image in it, okay? TheMurlocAggroB (talk) 00:17, 7 April 2021 (UTC)