Hey there! I've posted an explanation on Talk:Card art, regarding TCG art info and its relevance to Hearthstone. Please check it out. To be clear, your contributions are appreciated, just a matter of how we label them :) -- Taohinton (talk) 18:11, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
Card art[edit source]
I'm guessing from your edits someone official announced there will be a Cho'gall card in the expansion? I can't find anything about this - do you have a link? Bear in mind we don't host card pages for fan content. [Never mind, the card's been released now]
Also, please check out Talk:Whispers of the Old Gods full art#File names. Be sure to use the exact card name when uploading card art, so I don't have to move and then re-edit the pages; it also avoids duplicate files. Also, if when you upload art you go to the card's page and move the comment tags in the gallery like this, the full art will automatically display itself there, which is much more efficient than me scanning the recent changes for art uploads.
I noticed the Barnes art you uploaded to Wowpedia - I've tried searching for it but I'm no expert and nothing's coming up online. Where did you find it? I'd love to add the full art to the wiki. -- Taohinton (talk) 17:41, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
- It was in the preview for the event.You will find it here. http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1557-one-night-in-karazhan-is-hearthstones-fourthShammiesgun (talk) 18:06, 2 August 2016 (UTC)
I'm not sure I'm in favour of using boilerplates for new content for a few reasons. For a start, they get out of date, and arbitrarily set certain elements; it's usually better to just copy a recent page of the same kind and modify it. However, if you are wanting to have some on the wiki, they should be set as such, rather than as "New X" or "Unknown X". As you've already noticed I've moved the ones you made to a new section of the site, and modified them so that they don't interact with the main card system.
In terms of highlighting missing content, there are better and less confusing ways to do this than linking to boilerplates. For specific cards/bosses it's better to make specific pages; that way the information can be edited and updated for each individual instance without messing up all the others using the boilerplate page. I've swapped in Unknown boss (One Night in Karazhan) for the final boss. It's never really worth doing this for individual card reveals, unless you have images shown during reveal voting etc; otherwise you just end up with 100 or so identical stub pages which then all have to be moved when you find out the correct name. -- Taohinton (talk) 20:06, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- I suppose, but my intention was a little different for all of them. For cards and bosses, I wanted this unknown as a way to keep track of how many cards are still missing and just replace them(the code in the main page. e.g. One night at Karazhan.) when a card is revealed. The others on the other hand were blueprints, if you wish to delete them or reduce them down to be basics, be my guest. Shammiesgun (talk) 20:13, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- I do see that it's nice to be able to see how many cards are left to be revealed, but in practice I don't feel that displaying a bunch of template cards is a good way to achieve that. I had actually only recently considered a similar approach myself for a related issue, but after visual testing decided it was better to leave spaces, ideally fixed ones as in the current class cards section. Imagining the page for the next expansion with 150 copies of the 'Unknown Card' image isn't a good thought, despite its illustration of the number of cards involved. There might be a good visual solution for cards not in tables, but I don't think this is it. The specific number of remaining cards can of course be easily stated at the top of the Cards section, if that's desirable. We could also add something like "Card not yet revealed" into the empty class card boxes to make that clearer.
- If you're not bothered about the boilerplates, I will probably delete the expansion and adventure ones; these are not needed very frequently (plus I generally make these pages myself without boilerplates anyway) and are the most counter-productive in terms of style and content. The card, boss and Tavern Brawl ones might be useful for some editors, although as I say I have my concerns. If you'd like to copy any of them to your own user pages before I make changes, please go ahead. -- Taohinton (talk) 00:15, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
- It's alright, I have copies. Go ahead.Shammiesgun (talk) 00:36, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
Good stuff[edit source]
- Thanks. I will be updating their pages later on.Shammiesgun (talk) 21:23, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
Zoom art[edit source]
Your opinion is desired[edit source]
Your opinion is desired on some upcoming style changes throughout the wiki. The changes are due to be implemented this Friday, so please add your thoughts now if you wish to have a say. -- Taohinton (talk) 03:50, 23 February 2017 (UTC)