|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Wiki tags:||Deathrattle-granting, Targeted|
Still hunting for the ones who earthed him.
How to get
|Golden Unearthed Raptor||800||100|
- The Unearthed Raptor's Battlecry can copy a maximum of 16 Deathrattles.
- If you use Unearthed Raptor to copy a zone-changing Deathrattle such as Malorne, The Skeleton Knight or Anub'arak, the Deathrattle will move the Unearthed Raptor to the destination zone, rather than creating a Malorne/The Skeleton Knight/Anub'arak. Similarly, Ancestral Spirit will summon an Unearthed Raptor copy, not the minion Ancestral Spirit was originally attached to.
- An Unearthed Raptor that dies after copying a Deathrattle is not considered a Deathrattle minion for the purposes of N'Zoth, the Corruptor's Battlecry.
- If you played an Unearthed Raptor, returned it to the hand via any means and played it again targeting a different Deathrattle minion, it would only have the second Deathrattle. But if you then played a second Raptor targeting the first Raptor, the second Raptor would have both Deathrattles. This process could be repeated to put any combination of Deathrattles on a Raptor. This bug was fixed in Patch 18.104.22.16851 (2016-03-14).
Unearthed Raptor can copy many great Deathrattle cards which popular Deathrattle minions such as Haunted Creeper, Nerubian Egg , Forsaken Lilian, Burning Blade Acolyte, Explosive Sheep , and Carnivorous Cube. This provides an additional copy of a Deathrattle minion which can pair up with those said minions can produce explosive boards especially Carnivorous Cube providing 4 copies of that chosen minion.
Even with its solid body for 3 mana, it can be a threat should it remain on the board.
Spiritsinger Umbra can immediately trigger its effect providing immediately Deathrattle value. Teron Gorefiend and Carnivorous Cube can trigger its Deathrattle and more importantly, its Deathrattle obtained remains there when resummoned.
Skeletal raptors are undead raptors mainly found at Whelgar's Excavation Site in the Wetlands and the Za'Tual boneyard on the Isle of Thunder. The Unearthed Raptor bears a particular resemblance to the Fossilized Raptor, a skeletal raptor mount obtainable as a rare artifact from the Archaeology profession.
- A removed enchantment may give a glimpse into the development of this minion. Named "Tomb Explorer", the enchantment's text is identical to that for this card, and is classed as belonging to the rogue class. A stealthy Tomb Explorer may therefore have been an earlier concept for this card. It may have split into Unearthed Raptor and Tomb Pillager, or been rejected due to being too similar to the latter.
- Following its initial release, Unearthed Raptor began to cause various problems, often resulting in both players' clients crashing. The bug was quickly hotfixed, including the introduction of a cap to the number of Deathrattles the Raptor could copy.
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04): Text changed from "Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of its Deathrattle effect." to "Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Gain a copy of its Deathrattle."
- Hotfix (2015-11-20): Resolved an issue that would occur when Unearthed Raptor’s Battlecry effect was used to duplicate several copies of a Deathrattle. The total number of Deathrattle effects that can be copied on a single minion is now capped [to 16].
- Patch 126.96.36.19933 (2015-11-10): Added.
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2015-11-20).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPdVDa13ls Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5256 (2015-12-04)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7yFjI6ftzA&t=1m35s Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20656 (2015-12-04)
- Daxxari (2015-11-20). Official forums: Unearthed Raptor Issue Update.