- "Each turn, if you're losing by more than 3 health then a random minion rallies to your side."
Underdog Rules is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on September 23, 2015.
|15||September 23, 2015||September 28, 2015|
During this Brawl, at the end of each turn if the other player is losing by more than 3 Health (including Armor), a random collectible minion will be summoned for them. Players are able to construct their own decks, using any class.
- 'Underdog' minions are summoned at the start of your Start of Turn Phase. This means that if the summoned minion has a 'start of turn' trigger, it will not trigger right away, because it came into play too late to queue its trigger.
- Because it is summoned during your turn, the minion will be exhausted, and thus unable to attack that turn. However, this can be overcome through granting them Charge, such as through Charge or Tundra Rhino.
- Because underdog minions are not played from the hand, any Battlecries will not be activated.
- Underdog minions will not be summoned if the player's board is already full.
- The possibilities for the Brawl's summons are identical to those for Unstable Portal. A breakdown of summonable minions and their average stats can be found at Unstable Portal#Potential minions.
The obvious way to utilise this Brawl's feature is to build a deck that can be behind on Health for much of the game, but still win.
Warlock has obvious potential for the Brawl. Their Hero Power Life Tap, and quite a few of their class minions (Flame Imp, Pit Lord, Wrathguard) all help secure board control while lowering your own Health. Handlock or Zoolock might be good choices.
You should also bear in mind that you'll likely be playing against these classes, meaning there will be a lot less need for hard removal, and a lot more need for board control.
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2015-09-23. Imp Master on board, at 30 Health vs 25. Ended turn; Imp Master activated; then random minion was summoned for opponent.
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2015-09-23. Shade of Naxxramas on the board, at 19 Health vs 30. Opponent ended turn; random minion was summoned for me; then Shade of Naxxramas activated.