Notes[edit | edit source]
- Twinspells are added to your hand immediately after casting, taking precedent over any effects that trigger when a spell is cast. This is different from most spell-generating spells, which add to your hand after.
- eg: You have 10 cards in your hand and a Gadgetzan Auctioneer in play. If you cast Extra Arms, you'll draw a card and More Arms! will not be added to your hand. If you cast a Twinspell, you'll gain the Twinspell and overdraw a card.
- Unlike Echo, the Twinspell effect is replicated by Cast spell effects.
- Twinspells are returned to the hand in the spot the original spell was cast from. If they were cast by a Cast spell effect, they're instead added to the rightmost spot as usual.
- The created copy is considered its own unique spell and is repeated without the Twinspell ability by cards such as Archmage Vargoth and Zul'jin.
- If the original spell was affected by a one-time cost modification effect, the modification will not transfer to the copy, which will have the original cost.
- If there are multiple Twinspell keywords on a card, each cast will generate a copy with the number of keywords reduced by one. So far, the only spell with more than one Twinspell keyword is THE... Candles?, unique to the solo adventure The Dalaran Heist. Since it has three Twinspell keywords, it can be cast up to four times.
Cards with Twinspell[edit | edit source]
Collectible[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Cast a random Paladin Secret.
Deal 1 damage.
|Ray of Frost||Common||Spell||Frost||Mage||1||Twinspell|
Freeze a minion. If it's already Frozen, deal 2 damage to it.
Summon two 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits with Taunt.
Give a Beast +2/+2.
Give a friendly minion Lifesteal.
Choose One - Draw a card; or Summon a 3/2 Eagle.
|Blessing of the Ancients||Common||Spell||Nature||Druid||3||Twinspell|
Give your minions +1/+1.
Destroy a minion. Summon 2 minions of the same Cost to replace it.
|Unleash the Beast||Rare||Spell||General||Hunter||6||Twinspell|
Summon a 5/5 Wyvern with Rush.
|The Forest's Aid||Rare||Spell||Nature||Druid||8||Twinspell|
Summon five 2/2 Treants.
|Showing all 11 cards|
History[edit | edit source]
- Spells so nice, you cast them twice! When you cast a twinspell, a copy of that spell is added to your hand (without the twinspell keyword).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Twinspell could be considered to have a "beta" version, which functions similar to this effect, but differs slightly. Extra Arms generates an identical version of itself, however with a different name.
- Twinspell can also be seen as similar to Echo, with the primary difference being that Twinspell can be cast over multiple turns thus allowing Twinspell cards to have mana costs higher than 5.
- In Rise of Shadows, the Twinspell keyword is reserved to classes which are not part of the League of E.V.I.L.. Each of the 4 classes defending Dalaran has exactly 2 spells with Twinspell, one of common and one of rare rarity, for a total of 8 spells with Twinspell.
- Each of the Twinspell cards from Rise of Shadows feature the crest of the Kirin Tor somewhere on their artwork.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52933 (2019-04-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Rise of Shadows - Hearthstone. Retrieved on 2019-03-14.
|By minion type|
|By spell school|
|By ability||Evergreen keywords|
|By effect type|
|By card set||Standard|