|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Twilight drakes feed on Mystical Energy. And Tacos.
How to get
|Golden Twilight Drake||800||100|
- Regular Twilight Drake could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- The Twilight Drake's Battlecry activates after the minion is played; the number of cards in the player's hand is therefore counted after the Twilight Drake card itself has been played.
- Silencing the Twilight Drake removes its card text, reducing its Health to its base value of 1.
- A Twilight Drake of any Health can be instantly killed with Earth Shock.
Twilight Drake is best played with as many cards in hand as possible. Its possible starting Health values range from 1 to 10 (11 if you manage to draw a card before the actual minion is played).
Twilight Drake naturally gravitates towards control decks with strong card draw capabilities and/or few low-cost cards. It is currently most commonly seen in Handlock decks, warlock control decks which use Life Tap to rapidly accumulate a large hand, perfect for playing a near full-potential Drake early in the game.
Ideally, Twilight Drake is played from a full hand before playing any other cards. Control decks may aim to focus on building their hand during early rounds in order to maximize the effectiveness of their Twilight Drakes.
Twilight Drakes are any one of a small number of dragons which comprise the Twilight Dragonflight, first seen in the World of Warcraft expansion Wrath of the Lich King.
- The twilight dragonflight is a dragonflight created by the results of magical experiments carried out by Sintharia upon dragon eggs. Using ancient dragon artifacts and the powers of the nether dragons, Sintharia has created a new breed of dragons that feed vampirically on all forms of mystical energy. The first encounter of these dragons with the outside world was by Krasus, Kalec, and the draenei priestess Iridi. Iridi thought of their appearance not as shadow, but more akin to the day turning to night, like twilight as experienced on Azeroth. She thus dubbed them twilight dragons.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Twilight Shadowdrake.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Now has 4 Attack, up from 1, but no longer gains Attack from its battlecry. Battlecry: Gain +1 Health for each card in your hand. [4 mana, 4 attack, 1 health, Rare]
- Previously: Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each card in your hand. [4 mana, 1 attack, 1 health, Rare]