Trial by Felfire
"(Rusted Legion, FORWARD!) Can you hear the thunder in the distance? Time to roll, Rusted Legion, ho! Cannot run, cannot hide, say goodbye to your existence. Join the army of flesh and chrome! (Here we go, here we roam, this is our world!) Will you bend your mortal knees? (Yes, you will! Yes, you will!) To Mecha-Jaraxxus, your new king? (Yes, you will! Yes, you will!) His upgraded abs are undefeated, merciless, so alpha demon, no one can defeat this team, Legion let me hear you scream! Our enemies fall in the crimson sand, they'll have no choice but to join our band, serve Mecha-Jaraxxus's evil plan, Rusted Legion sowing ashes in Outland!"
Trial by Felfire is a single-player game mode added with the Ashes of Outland expansion. The missions were released on June 17th, 2020 while the challenge mode was released on June 24th. They are also a part of celebration during the Felfire Festival.
Trial by Felfire uses a classic linear adventure format, featuring a total of 26 bosses across two sub-modes that the player can play: Story and Challenges. Trial by Felfire is completely free to play and available to everyone.
The Story mode is about following Aranna Starseeker on a journey of self-exploration, taking up arms with the Demon Hunters and teaming up with Illidan Stormrage to take on the twisted architect of the Rusted Legion itself: Mecha-Jaraxxus. Meanwhile, the Challenges mode is where the player can build a deck and take on some of Outland's biggest and baddest raid bosses.
Structure[edit | edit source]
For general information on adventures, see Adventure.
- Trial by Felfire comprises 26 boss encounters in total.
- The adventure is split into two different modes: Story and Challenges.
- In Story mode, the player is given pre-made deck for each boss encounter, controls a special hero with their corresponding Hero Power, and gets special interactions between their hero and boss. Completing the Story will award a special card back. (see below)
- In Challenges mode, the player needs to use their own deck. Defeating all Challenges bosses will award a golden Kael'thas Sunstrider.
- Wild decks can NOT be used in Challenges mode. This makes Trial by Felfire the first Heartstone adventure to ever have this restriction.
Story[edit | edit source]
Released on June 16, 2020, Trial by Felfire Story features 17 bosses, divided into five chapters. Most of time, the player gets to control Aranna Starseeker, the protagonist. She also encounters new friends that accompany together on her journey to discover herself. They can be played as cards with a special Outcast effect.
Below are the lists of boss encounters and lists of player characters of the Story.
Boss encounters[edit | edit source]
A World in Ruin
To the Black Temple
To be a Demon Hunter
Battle for Outland
The Final Test
Player characters[edit | edit source]
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Released on June 24, 2020, Trial by Felfire Challenges features 9 bosses, divided into two chapters. It's where the player faces off against some of Outland's most famous bosses.
Below is the list all the bosses respectively.
and the Bad
and the Surly
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Setting[edit | edit source]
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168534 (2020-06-09): More data added, early data modified.
- Patch 22.214.171.124374 (2020-05-12): Early data added.
References[edit | edit source]