|Wiki tags:||Battlefield-related, Corrupt-generating, Deathrattle-generating, Discover-generating, Divine Shield-generating, Dormant-generating, Echo-generating, Inspire-generating, Overkill-generating, Poisonous-generating, Reborn-generating, Rush-generating, Stealth-generating, Taunt-generating|
Oh, the places you'll go! There is so much to fight! There are boards to be explored. There are dreams to take flight.
- 1 How to get
- 2 List of possible effects
- 3 Notes
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Sounds
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
How to get
Two copies of Golden Transfer Student are obtained by playing one game of Book of Heroes: Rexxar, The Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror, Galakrond's Awakening, and Trial by Felfire, and playing at least one match in both Battlegrounds and Arena.
Transfer Student is uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Two copies of regular Transfer Student were obtained by logging into Hearthstone from July 14 to October 20, 2020.
List of possible effects
At the start of game, Transfer Student's effect is automatically replaced by one of the following ones, depending on the board.
Year of the Gryphon
Forged in the Barrens
United in Stormwind
Year of the Phoenix
Ashes of Outland
Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
Year of the Dragon
Year of the Raven
Year of the Mammoth
Year of the Kraken
Pre-Year of the Kraken
- On special battlefields or Tavern Brawls with forced battlefields, Transfer Student uses the Stormwind board.
Transfer Student's effect depends on the game's board, which is randomized at the start of the game and cannot be controlled by players. It can range from having a few keywords attached to completely changing the game, but it will always stay with a 2-mana 2/2 body without tribe synergy. It is very unreliable for Quests or synergy decks, as being able to contribute with your deck depends on having the right board. Due to each variant of Transfer Student being different for each battlefield, they have completely different uses. Some variants resemble existing minions, while others can be powercreeps or more reliable versions, and some are scaled-down equivalents of effects previously unique to Legendary minions. However, if your enemy understands Transfer Student's variants, they may be able to predict what it will be used for.
Transfer Student works best in a Highlander deck, which can use a strong but otherwise unsynergetic early drop.
- ▶️Take a trip!
- ▶️<death sound>
- Transfer Student is the first card to directly interact with the otherwise cosmetic Battlefield.
- This is one of the few non-Legendary minions to feature entrance music, the others being Lowly Squire and Lance Carrier. However, Transfer Student's music is sampled from an in-game song and has a unique entry animation, akin to Legendary minions.
- Transfer Student has icons from other Blizzard Games on his bag: a Scholomance Academy icon, the World of Warcraft logo, a hearthstone, and a Raven Crest High School crest from Heroes of the Storm's Burning Courts skins.
- Transfer Student is the sixth card available in Play mode before the release of the expansion it belonged to.
- Transfer Student's flavor text references Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss.
- Transfer Student will have new unique effects for each set that comes out while it remains in Standard (December 2020, and all of 2021). When it rotates into Wild, all new effects will simply be "Discover a card from [the set which the battlefield came from]" for battlefields and expansions to be released.
- Transfer Student's Darkmoon Faire effect is the only one that changes the art of the Student.
- Patch 188.8.131.52257 (2021-02-19): Fixed a bug that Transfer Student on Madness at the Darkmoon Faire board using Stormwind effect.
- Server-side patch (2020-07-31): On the new Scholomance Academy board, Transfer Student's Battlecry will now add a random class card to your hand. This effect will revert to adding a random Dual-Class card to your hand when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Patch 184.108.40.206261 (2020-07-14): Added.
- Blizzard Entertainment. 18.4 Patch Notes.
- Chadd Nervig on reddit. (2020-07-14).
- Steve Watts (2020-07-17). GameSpot talks with Hearthstone game designers Chadd Nervig and Liv Breeden about the upcoming Scholomance Academy expansion.. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2020-08-02.