|Tags:||Battlefield-related, Corrupt-generating, Deathrattle-generating, Discover-generating, Divine Shield-generating, Dormant-generating, Echo-generating, Inspire-generating, Overkill-generating, Poisonous-generating, Reborn-generating, Rush-generating, Stealth-generating, Taunt-generating|
This has different effects based on which game board you're on.
Oh, the places you'll go! There is so much to fight! There are boards to be explored. There are dreams to take flight.
- 1 How to get
- 2 List of possible effects
- 3 Notes
- 4 Strategy
- 5 Sounds
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Golden Transfer Student are obtained by playing one game of Book of Heroes: Rexxar, The Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror, Galakrond's Awakening, and Trial by Felfire, and playing at least one match in both Battlegrounds and Arena.
Transfer Student is uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Transfer Student were obtained by logging into Hearthstone from July 14 to October 20, 2020.
List of possible effects[edit | edit source]
At the start of game, Transfer Student's effect is automatically replaced by one of the following ones, depending on the board.
Year of the Gryphon[edit | edit source]
Forged in the Barrens
Year of the Phoenix[edit | edit source]
Ashes of Outland
Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
Year of the Dragon[edit | edit source]
Year of the Raven[edit | edit source]
Year of the Mammoth[edit | edit source]
Year of the Kraken[edit | edit source]
Pre-Year of the Kraken[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On special battlefields or Tavern Brawls with forced battlefields, Transfer Student uses the Stormwind board.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Transfer Student's effect depends on the game's board, which is randomized at the start of the game and cannot be controlled by players. It can range from having a few keywords attached to completely changing the game, but it will always stay with a 2-mana 2/2 body without tribe synergy. It is very unreliable for Quests or synergy decks, as being able to contribute with your deck depends on having the right board. Due to each variant of Transfer Student being different for each battlefield, they have completely different uses. Some variants resemble existing minions, while others can be powercreeps or more reliable versions, and some are scaled-down equivalents of effects previously unique to Legendary minions. However, if your enemy understands Transfer Student's variants, they may be able to predict what it will be used for.
Transfer Student works best in a Highlander deck, which can use a strong but otherwise unsynergetic early drop.
Sounds[edit | edit source]
- ▶️Take a trip!
- ▶️<death sound>
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Transfer Student is the first card to directly interact with the otherwise cosmetic Battlefield.
- This is one of the few non-Legendary minions to feature entrance music, the others being Lowly Squire and Lance Carrier. However, Transfer Student's music is sampled from an in-game song and has a unique entry animation, akin to Legendary minions.
- Transfer Student has icons from other Blizzard Games on his bag: a Scholomance Academy icon, the World of Warcraft logo, a hearthstone, and a Raven Lord Tribute from Heroes of the Storm.
- Transfer Student is the sixth card available in Play mode before the release of the expansion it belonged to.
- Transfer Student's flavor text references Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss.
- Transfer Student will have new unique effects for each set that comes out while it remains in Standard (December 2020, and all of 2021). When it rotates into Wild, all new effects will simply be "Discover a card from [the set which the battlefield came from]" for battlefields and expansions to be released.
- Transfer Student's Darkmoon Faire effect is the only one that changes the art of the Student.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.206257 (2021-02-19): Fixed a bug that Transfer Student on Madness at the Darkmoon Faire board using Stormwind effect.
- Server-side patch (2020-07-31): On the new Scholomance Academy board, Transfer Student's Battlecry will now add a random class card to your hand. This effect will revert to adding a random Dual-Class card to your hand when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Patch 220.127.116.11261 (2020-07-14): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment. 18.4 Patch Notes.
- Chadd Nervig on reddit. (2020-07-14).
- Steve Watts (2020-07-17). GameSpot talks with Hearthstone game designers Chadd Nervig and Liv Breeden about the upcoming Scholomance Academy expansion.. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2020-08-02.