|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Inspire, Restore Health|
Inspire: Restore 2 Health to your hero.
The medic tournament is less entertaining than the Grand Tournament.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Tournament Medic||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since Inspire effects do not trigger until after the triggering Hero Power has taken effect, if the use of a Hero Power such as Life Tap kills the hero, the Tournament Medic's Inspire effect will not be able to save them.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card fits best in decks that intend for the game to be long and drawn out.
While its 1/8 stats make it very poor at trading, your opponent still has to deal 8 whole damage to it in order to kill it. It can be thought of similar to Doomsayer in that it can demand removal and tank damage that would otherwise be headed for your face (or your more important minions), even if its effect never gets to go off. Tournament Medic's high health makes it a great target for the Divine Spirit and Inner Fire combo. If you are a Priest, your opponent may go even further out of their way to kill this minion just because they are afraid of this combo, even if you don't actually have it. This minion also works well with other buffs such as Blessing of Kings.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Fine. I'll heal.
- Fine. I'll wand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Mojo Master Zandum.
- This minion's quotes are a reference to healers in World of Warcraft, and specifically the priest class, which this minion appears to depict. Like most spell-casting specializations, priests in World of Warcraft do not use weapons in combat, but equip staves or wands for gearing purposes. In the game's earlier expansions, casters would sometimes run out of mana when fighting mobs alone, and would have to resort to using their wands to deal minimal damage in order to defeat their enemy; this minion's 1 Attack reflecting the pitiful damage output of using a wand. The quotes may also be a reference to players being expected to switch combat roles on demand in response to changing needs within a raid.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16886 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-10).