|Tags:||Area of effect, Totem-related|
Give your Totems +2 Health.
Totem-stomping is no longer recommended.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Totemic Might were a reward for raising a shaman to level 6.
- Two Golden copies of Totemic Might were a reward for raising a shaman to levels 28 and 30.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Totemic Might works by placing enchantments on each card affected, so the effect can be silenced.
- This card will affect all friendly Totem minions on the battlefield. This makes the card far more valuable if you have several in play. Totemic Might enchants totems summoned by Totemic Call as well as collectible totems such as Flametongue Totem and Mana Tide Totem.
- Totemic Might is able to be cast even if the player has no Totem minions in play.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card can be used to protect your totems by giving them more Health, allowing them to survive longer to make use of their effects. Since most totems have 0 Attack, this effect is more useful on other non-basic totems like Mana Tide Totem and Totem Golem.
Totemic Might can be combined with Totemic Surge to give all your totems +2/+2 for 0 mana, creating a huge early game tempo swing if you use it on 2 or more totems. They can be combined with Splitting Axe or Totemic Reflection to double your buff mileage, which also helps with keeping your totems alive to play these swing cards on curve. Totemic Might is also an even-cost card, which allows it to be used in Genn Greymane decks, where the reduced Hero Power cost greatly helps in keeping multiple totems up at a time.
As a standalone card, Totemic Might is nearly useless due to its very limited targets and non-significant effect. Thus, this card has extremely narrow usage in Totem Shaman decks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Totemic Might was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Rysa the Earthcaller.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04) Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
References[edit | edit source]
- VarsityGaming (2014-12-23). Hearthstone Decks: Trouble in Totem Town.
- Noxious (2014-02-22). Daily Quest Completion: Totemic Might Glory.
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.