|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Cast spell, Discover|
I see pizza in my future.
How to get
|Golden Tortollan Primalist||1600||400|
- Tortollan Primalist's battlecry of casting a spell functions similarly to that of Yogg-Saron's battlecry. Therefore, the following rules are mostly based on the behavior of Yogg-Saron - see that page for references.
- Any collectible spell may be cast. Uncollectible spells will not be cast.
- For card text purposes, the spell is considered to have been cast by the player. For example, Arcane Explosion will always target the opponent's board, Arcane Intellect will always draw cards for the player, and Excavated Evil will always shuffle itself into the opponent's deck.
- Like with Yogg-Saron, the spell is considered to be cast by the minion, and not by the player.
- Only valid targets will be selected. If no valid target exists, the spell will fizzle and have no effect.
- Cards with options such as Choose One or Discover will randomly select an option.
- Damaging spells will be improved by Spell Damage.
- If Tortollan Primalist is used by a player with Ragnaros as the hero, the discovered spell will be from the mage class.
This minion has identical stats and a similar effect to Servant of Yogg-Saron, but costs an additional 3 mana. It has three upsides over Servant: firstly, the Discover will allow the player to avoid spells that always have bad outcomes or ones with poor chances of working. Secondly, the card can cast any collectible spell available to your class, not just ones that cost 5 or less. Finally, this minion is neutral rather than Mage specific.
This card does have a massive downside over Servant, that being its cost. It is severely understatted and will usually use up most of your mana for the turn it's played. Despite the Discover effect helping reduce the randomness, this card is still at the mercy of RNG. Even if you select a powerful spell, it has a chance of hitting the wrong target. It may also simply show you no cards that help you in your current situation, making it a waste of 8 mana.
- ▶️Turtle power.
- ▶️<death sound>
- An early name for this card was "Yoggasaurus", in reference to the similar Yogg-Saron, Hope's End.
- This minion's flavor text and quotes are a reference to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, in which the titular turtles are known for their love of eating pizza.
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04): Added.