|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Cast spell, Discover|
|Wiki tags:||Deck-related, Random|
A tortollan made it to the desert!
How to get
|Golden Tortollan Pilgrim||1600||400|
- Tortollan Pilgrim functions similarly to Tortollan Primalist. For some of the related notes, see Tortollan Primalist#Notes.
- This card's effect will directly play the chosen spell card and remove it from the deck.
Tortollan Pilgrim acts as an additional use for your spells, as well as playing them for free, saving you some mana in most cases while putting out a bit of tempo from its body. It's best run in decks that don't run too many targeted spells and many high-cost spells to offset its cost like Blizzard, Power of Creation, and Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron.
Potion of Illusion can be used to create a 1-mana copy of itself (and other allies). While a hefty tempo investment, you can use the 1-mana copy to play other huge spells later or use it to play your second Potion of Illusion to copy other minions whose stats aren't important to get more value or even combo with them.
- ▶️You're in my hands now.
- ▶️Goodness gracious!
- ▶️<death sound>
- Tortollan Pilgrim's flavor text is a reference to the World of Warcraft meme "A turtle made it to the water", which originates from a line spoken by the tortollan Scrollsage Nola in the world quest Beachhead.
- This card is possibly a call-back to Tortollan Primalist, which features a similar ability and statline.