|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Wiki tags:||Discard-related, Triggered effect|
"No, no, no. I asked for a tiny JESTER of evil."
How to get
|Tiny Knight of Evil||100||20|
|Golden Tiny Knight of Evil||800||100|
Two copies of regular Tiny Knight of Evil (Core) are obtained for raising warlock to level 5.
Two copies of golden Tiny Knight of Evil (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as warlock.
- This minion's triggered effect only activates when a card is discarded from the player's hand, and not removed from the deck or other zones.
- The effect is activated for each card discarded. For example, playing a Doomguard would activate the Tiny Knight of Evil twice, assuming two cards were discarded. Similarly playing Astral Communion will cause the effect to trigger for each card discarded.
- The effect is not activated when a card is drawn with an on-draw effect that destroys itself, such as Burrowing Mine or Ambush!.
- Prior to Patch 22.214.171.12433 (LoE patch), a bug caused this effect to be activated if the owner cast a spell that was Countered by Counterspell.
This card shines when multiple discard effects are used. Doomguard and Dark Bargain are especially mana-efficient options, due to the fact that they both discard 2 cards from your hand. Other solid picks include Expired Merchant, Nightshade Matron, and Soulfire. Tiny Knight of Evil also works well in conjunction with decks running other discard synergies like Hand of Gul'dan and Silverware Golem.
With many access to discard cards early game, a Tiny Knight of Evil can become deadly as there is little to no option to clear it.
- The Tiny Knight of Evil has been compared to the character "Veigar" from League of Legends. However, Ben Brode has stated that both characters are references to an all-gnome World of Warcraft guild called "Tiny Masters of Evil".
Patch 126.96.36.19986 (2015-08-18): Added.