|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Gain Armor, Replace Hero Power, Transform|
|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Cost-related, Hero Power-related, Random|
"Do not be afraid. Approach. The dead will sleep… for now."
- For other appearances of Thrall, see Thrall (disambiguation).
|Golden Thrall, Deathseer||3200||1600|
Even at his relatively low cost of 5 Mana, Thrall, Deathseer has very strong potency. He's best used in an Evolve deck, synergizing with cards such as Master of Evolution, Nerubian Prophet, Doppelgangster and Thing from Below.
The results of Thrall's Battlecry can be extremely random; while sometimes you may hit the jackpot with minions such as The Lich King and Millhouse Manastorm, other times you may be stuck with useless high mana minions such as Big-Time Racketeer or C'Thun. However, his Hero Power, Transmute Spirit, can help offset this by transforming your minions that aren't worth what they should be at their Mana cost. Transmute Spirit, in addition to possibly upgrading a minion into one much more powerful, is a form of healing as the new minion is at full health. As such, it's wise to attack with a minion to reduce it to near-death, then Transmute it to bring it back to full health and possibly transform it into something much stronger. Just keep in mind that there's always the odds of having your minion transform into something lousy, so be prepared for that eventuality.
When used by a Shaman, Thrall loses his ability to summon Totems. Decks that are heavily based around Totems and decks that don't have a high minion count should steer clear of Thrall, Deathseer. For all other decks, Thrall, Deathseer is an excellent addition to help you maintain control of the board.
- ▶️I am the frozen heart of the Scourge!
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
|Greetings||Welcome the cold embrace of death.|
|Well played||Well played.|
|Oops||A grave mistake.|
|Threaten||I will shatter you!|
|Attack||Elements, obey me!|
|Thinking ||The choice is mine alone.|
|Thinking ||The elements are silent...|
|Almost out of time||A path must be chosen!|
|Opening remark in Duel of the Death Knights||I am the frozen heart of the Scourge!|
|Concede||Take cold comfort in your victory.|
The deathseer's pale blue color scheme suggests an association with the Frost death knight specialization.
- "Combining martial prowess with supernatural cold, frost death knights leave their enemies chilled to the bone—and broken of the will to fight. Unlike mages who learn to harness frost magic to great effect, these death knights are born of it, rime gripping their decaying hearts. These frozen undead warriors wield dual blades to strike with ferocity and inflict deathly cold upon anyone who would stand against them."
For more information, see Knights of the Frozen Throne.
- Chillingly, the undead Thrall has painted a white skull mask on his own face. In orcish culture, this was a practice used by shaman to mark certain failed apprentices as "dead" to their people, notably used by the Void-corrupted pale orcs and the shaman Ner'zhul, who would one day become the first Lich King.
- Thrall, Deathseer underwent multiple redesigns during the development of Knights of the Frozen Throne. Some early names for the card include "Thrall, Voodoo Master" and "Thrall, Frost King", with some early effects being "Battlecry: Corrupt your Hero Power." and "Battlecry: Summon two Ice Guardians".
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): Added.
- Cam Shea (2017-07-08). Hearthstone's Frozen Throne: Everything Blizzard Would Tell Us - IGN - Page 2. Retrieved on 2017-07-31.
- Designing Hearthstone's Death Knights - IGN. (2017-09-14). Retrieved on 2017-09-14.