The Skeleton Knight
Deathrattle: Reveal a minion in each deck. If yours costs more, return this to your hand.
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Joust, Return to hand|
Apparently it really was just a flesh wound.
How to get
|The Skeleton Knight||1600||400|
|Golden The Skeleton Knight||3200||1600|
- Baron Rivendare will cause The Skeleton Knight's Joust to happen twice. If The Skeleton Knight wins the first Joust, the second will take place, but will have no effect.
- Feign Death will cause The Skeleton Knight to Joust. If The Skeleton Knight wins the Joust, it will be returned to the player's hand. (This does not create a second Skeleton Knight).
- Despite this minion's return effect Deathrattle, additional Deathrattles such as Ancestral Spirit and Soul of the Forest will activate upon The Skeleton Knight's death. (This is in contrast to Malorne, for whom such added Deathrattles will not activate.)
- Prior to Patch 22.214.171.12433 (LoE patch), if your hand had 9 cards, you had Baron Rivendare on the field and The Skeleton Knight's Deathrattle won the Joust both times, The Skeleton Knight would discard himself. This happened because the check for max hand size is done when The Skeleton Knight moves from the hand back into the hand, without discounting The Skeleton Knight himself.
- In the Grand Tournament, you win, or you die.
- Pay the iron price!
- Not again...
- This spooky skeleton is a skilled knight who has spent his whole un-life practicing the joust! The Skeleton Knight loves the contest so much that when you win a joust, he’ll return for yet another chance at the fray. He also enjoys canned meat and pasta.
World of Warcraft
- "The Lich King is cunning and will use treachery to thwart his enemies. To that end, he has dispatched the Black Knight to eliminate promising candidates from Highlord Tirion Fordring's army. The undead's mere presence defiles the Crusaders' Coliseum, and those who prevail against him will prove their worthiness."
- This minion's summon and attack quotes are references to the fantasy novel series A Song of Ice and Fire and the TV adaptation Game of Thrones.
- Its flavor text is a reference to one of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail film's characters, the Black Knight.
- This card has different artwork in China, due to the regulations about depicting bones and death.
- Patch 126.96.36.19986 (2015-08-18): Added.
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-06).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZrV3A3TBA in Patch 188.8.131.5257 (Mech War Tavern Brawl patch)
- The Grand Tournament – The Joust!. (2015-08-11).