He lives in Blackrock Mountain. He eats Gnomes. That's pretty much it.
RARITY=5 CLASS=12 ELITE=1 COST=6 HEALTH=7 ATK=9 CARDTYPE=4 CARDRACE=20 FACTION=3 251=6 DEATHRATTLE=1 1429=58394 TECH_LEVEL=3 IS_BACON_POOL_MINION=0 1594=1 COLLECTIBLE=1
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1|
- Regular The Beast could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Legend in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (10/10) achievement).
The Beast is an aggressive late game minion that comes with an unfortunate Deathrattle. The Beast synergizes better in hunter decks that focus on the use of Beasts. Being a mostly offensive creature, it is best to protect it with creatures that use Taunt or grant it Charge soon after summoning. This is especially true when considering upon death, it grants your opponent a 3/3 . Silencing The Beast to prevent your opponent from profiting from its Deathrattle is also a valid strategy.
Normally after dealing with The Beast, unless you used a spell to destroy it, you will probably not have many minions on the field. Giving Pip a buff, such as or is a good way to get back into the game. Alternatively, you can use a Taunt effect such as 's to protect yourself.
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
- The Beast is a boss found at The Furnace in Upper Blackrock Spire. It appears to be a that has been captured by the forces of Nefarian for use in his breeding experiments.
- At some point before he is encountered by the party, the Beast swallowed Pip Quickwit, a gnomish adventurer who has survived in the Beast's stomach for an unspecified period of time. Skinning The Beast will free Pip Quickwit.
- "I've been stuck inside the belly of that thing for months! What day is it anyway?"
- Nefarian's dragonkin take obscene delight in the barbaric torture of Ragnaros's captured minions. Despite suffering unimaginable agony, one core hound remained lucid enough to be retrained, and his ferocity makes him an ideal guard in the upper levels of Blackrock Spire.
- The Core Hound in The Beast's art is also used in the art for and its summons.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Molten Core Tokens 2" series, for the card Core Rager.
- Patch 18.104.22.168431 (2021-10-12): Now reads: Deathrattle: Summon a 3/3 for your opponent. (previously: Deathrattle: Summon a 3/3 Finkle Einhorn for your opponent.).
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 22.214.171.12421 (2016-08-09): Finkle Einhorn now costs 3, up from 2.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Now a 9/7, instead of a 10/6.
- Previously: Deathrattle: Summon a 3/3 Finkle Einhorn for your opponent. [6 mana, 10 attack, 6 health, Legendary]