Thaddius is the result of the most horrible and evil experiments in the Construct Quarter.
- For the minion card of the same name, see Thaddius.
|Normal and Heroic|
Heroic mode only
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle. Normal and Heroic
|Acidic Swamp Ooze||2|
|Shade of Naxxramas||2|
Use minions with auras that increase either Attack or both Attack and Health. His hero power will swap the current Attack and Health of all minions, making the bonuses permanent. The auras will then be reapplied, providing additional benefits. This process will repeat every turn.
0-attack minions will become 0-health, and therefore die, when the boss' hero power activates. For this reason, Nerubian Egg is an excellent card for this fight, essentially giving the player a 4/4 for 2 mana.
Thaddius summons Stalagg and Feugen for free on his first turn. These boss minions do not possess Deathrattles and will not summon a Thaddius minion upon death. However, these minions' deaths will still count to trigger the player's Stalagg and Feugen's Deathrattles, allowing for a Thaddius minion to be summoned as early as turn 5.
Warlock is a good class for this fight, because it has several cheap cards, like Corruption, Corrupting Mist and Soulfire, that can deal with the initial Stalagg and Feugen before they deal too much damage.
As the final boss of the Construct Quarter, defeating Thaddius also unlocks the following rewards:
- It's alive!! But you won't be, for long.
- I must obey!
- You die now!
- Thank you...
- Interloper! This is the final straw!
In Curse of Naxxramas
- The final hulking horror that stands within the Construct Quarter is Thaddius. Pieced together from the flesh of the innocent, this massive abomination dwells in one of Naxxramas’ experimental laboratories, flanked by two huge wights—Stalagg and Feugen. Powerful bolts of electricity arc through the laboratory, supercharging Thaddius and his wight minions.
In World of Warcraft
In order to confront Thaddius in the Naxxramas raid, players had to first kill Feugen and Stalagg. If they were not killed within 5 seconds of each other they would resurrect each other with full health, forcing raids to down them almost simultaneously.
- "Thaddius, built from the flesh of women and children, it is said that their souls are fused together - eternally bound within that foul prison of flesh."
- - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
- Patch 184.108.40.20624 (2014-07-22): Added.
- Naxxramas, the Floating Necropolis (official blog). (2014-07-03).