Talk:List of powercreeped cards
- 1 About sorting cards
- 2 Should Pilfer be powercreeped by Hallucination and Swashburglar
- 3 Is silencing your own minions considered negative?
- 4 Mo'arg Artificer
- 5 Twin Slice vs Heroic strike
- 6 Surging Tempest vs. Tunnel Trogg?
- 7 Are Worgens the same as Choose Ones?
- 8 Professor Slate
- 9 Hammer of the Naaru vs. Lord of the Arena
- 10 Rename?
- 11 Onyxia
About sorting cards[edit source]
So previously the sorting was Neutrals first than all classes in alphabetical order which looked neat, now they're sorted by the time they were introduced, and even though it's easier to edit, it actually looks worse because of how of a mess it is. Should it stay that way or be reverted to previous norm? Adusak90 (talk) 16:43, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- It wasn't even sorted alphabetically before. --184.108.40.206 17:16, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
Should Pilfer be powercreeped by Hallucination and Swashburglar[edit source]
Pilfer is said to be powercreeped by both Hallucination and Swashburglar, is it though? Pilfer works differently than these two by giving you card from any class other than rogue, while the two other cards still work with the old burgle mechanic and gives you cards specifically from the enemy hero's class. Is this difference small enough to justify the powercreep?Adusak90 (talk) 02:46, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
- That entry was created before Pilfer was changed. No, it does not constitute a powercreep anymore as they have different positive effects, and those positive effects cannot be evaluated against each other. Cactusisawesome (talk) 03:52, 22 January 2020 (UTC)
Is silencing your own minions considered negative?[edit source]
As in the title. The surge of 4 mana summoning copy of something spells actually made me discover, that Unsleeping Soul isn't present as powercreeped cards by both Molten Reflection and Germination. There is nothing about silencing allies counting as negative effect but there is still a counter-argument that it can make cards like Ancient Watcher better.
Logically silencing an ally according to rules already set about negative effects having specific combos (Like enraging minion via Whirlwind effects) should be considered negative and the combo ignored. I'm gonna leave this open if anyone wants to discuss it further.Adusak90 (talk) 16:02, 23 March 2020 (UTC)
- I think Unsleeping Soul should be kept off the list for the reasons you described. It's a sidegrade, and it's specifically design to be a sidegrade. However, given that, Storm's Wrath should be taken off the list as well.
- Also note that Soul Split is a worse version of both Molten Reflection and Germination. TheMurlocAggroB (talk) 18:24, 23 March 2020 (UTC)
- I was thinking about it last night and got to conclusion, that we should treat it as negative. Since this page was ignoring sidegrades like tribes and overload (stating that overload is indeed negative, the same goes with discard). I'm open for further discussion, if you have any counter-arguments.Adusak90 (talk) 17:11, 24 March 2020 (UTC)
Mo'arg Artificer[edit source]
Should Mo'arg Artificer be listed as a power creep card? For reference, its a 2 mana 2/4 with text that 'technically' benefits both characters equally, whereas all other 2/4's: Argent Watchman, Nat, The Darkfisher, Vulgar Homunculus and Unpowered Mauler all have effects that, again usually, are bad for the player.
- Effects that "technically" benefit both characters equally are not interpreted as not having effects. If that was so, cards like Coldlight Oracle and Jungle Moonkin would be powercreeped by many cards. Those type of effects are to be excluded from the list.Cactusisawesome (talk) 05:07, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- Those types of cards are Good, and not Powercreep.
Twin Slice vs Heroic strike[edit source]
After Twin Slice was added I had weird urge to add it as Pounce powercreep, now after the nerfs I feel like it is powercreeped Heroic Strike. Why? Well... if you think about it, Twin Slice can do exactly what Heroic Strike can and has upgrade of being able to choose if either you want 4 attack or just 2 attack now and 2 attack later on.
- This looks like a choose-one type situation. Since we put choose one cards like Druid of the Scythe as a card that powercreeps Squirming Tentacle, it makes sense to do the same with Twin Slice Cactusisawesome (talk) 10:44, 20 June 2020 (UTC)
Surging Tempest vs. Tunnel Trogg?[edit source]
The only time Surging Tempest isn't just a worst Tunnel Trogg, is when you play it the turn after you've played an overload card, and then your opponent wants to trade into it (or you give it rush or charge). I guess what I'm really asking is, is there ever any difference in mechanics so small that it can be safely ignored?
Are Worgens the same as Choose Ones?[edit source]
Hi! Me again, this time, my issue is with Spellshifter and Dalaran Mage. The problem with listing the former as power creep over the latter is that you have no control over which form (Spellshifter (4/1)) it will take. As such is it not that this is not "powercreep", in the sense that the cards do not, in fact, have the same statline.
- I would say it's not powercreep then, since technically there could be some instances you want 1/4 minion instead of 4/1 Adusak90 (talk) 01:19, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
Professor Slate[edit source]
In my opinion, Professor slate shouldn't be on the list of powercreeped cards since the spell may be beneficial to attack your own minion and for it to survive (even in hunter's arsenal: Toxic Arrow), I'm deleting it out of list, if there is any arguments why it should stay I'm open for these Adusak90 (talk) 01:19, 28 October 2020 (UTC)
A weapon that summons a better body on its battlecry than Lord of the Arena, but due to it being a weapon, it destroys your weapon (it wouldn't be better in cases you have a weapon like unharmed Ashbringer). Should it powercreep? Theoretically it is a better card on paper, should destroying your weapon cross it out, or is it too minor to include as a reason against? Adusak90 (talk) 12:10, 4 November 2020 (UTC)
I'd argue that technically, Onyxia the Broodmother doesn't powercreep Onyxia because the first wave of whelps isn't summoned immediately, so you can't make use of them on the same turn — say, by trading one of your other minions and then playing Animated Broomstick. - Linneris (talk) 07:28, 23 March 2021 (UTC)