|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Divine Shield, Put into hand, Taunt|
|Wiki tags:||Cost-related, Deck-related|
Deathrattle: Draw your highest-Cost minion.
After growing up with the Scarlet Crusade for most of his life, Taelan finally realized they were maybe not the nicest people.
How to get
Regular Taelan Fordring is obtained for raising sum of all your class levels to 43.
Golden Taelan Fordring is obtained for winning 5000 games across all classes.
Taelan Fordring combines decent defensive capabilities with a draw to tutor a specific kind of minion from your deck (similarly to Witchwood Piper). On its own, this is already a fairly sticky minion with Taunt and Divine Shield, keywords that give it utility beyond simply its tutoring effect, and ensure that it can remain relevant even if its targets are already drawn. As a result, this is overall a useful card for any deck focused on the late-game, or decks that require drawing specific minions. Minions that can be drawn with this include key ones that provide win conditions (for instance Mecha'thun, Malygos, Hadronox), or simply high-value expensive ones (such as Voidlord, The Lich King, any Old God like N'Zoth, the Corruptor or Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate).
It is worth noting specifically that once all the pieces of C'Thun, the Shattered have been played, this can immediately draw it from the deck.
Taelan will always draw Shirvallah, the Tiger despite the actual cost reduction, her cost is always 25, except when you get her.
- ▶️Rotten to the core.
- ▶️<death sound>
- Taelan Fordring was a level 63 elite human paladin found in Hearthglen in the Western Plaguelands. Taelan was the son of Tirion Fordring and lord of Mardenholde Keep.
- When the Scourge swept through Lordaeron he offered the rest of the Silver Hand's paladins shelter in Hearthglen and then joined the Scarlet Crusade to help fight back the undead, one of the target being Stratholme. Blind to the atrocities committed by the Crusade, Taelan rose through their ranks under the tutelage of Saidan Dathrohan. When Renault Mograine was killed, Taelan was appointed Commander at the Scarlet Monastery in his place.
- Eventually, with the help of adventurers sent by his father, Taelan recognized the corruption that had befallen the Scarlet Crusade and defected. While escaping from Hearthglen, however, he was killed by Grand Inquisitor Isillien for his betrayal. Tirion Fordring was waiting nearby for his son and saw him cut down and, overcome with loss and outrage, avenged Taelan's death by killing Isillien. Grieving over his son's body, Tirion resolved to reform the Silver Hand to once more be a force of good in the world.
- After the Lich King's defeat, Highlord Tirion Fordring returned to the Western Plaguelands and established the Argent Crusade's base in Hearthglen. Down the road, the tower where Taelan was slain by Isillien has been christened Taelan's Tower in his memory. In addition, Crusade Commander Eligor Dawnbringer sends players into Stratholme to reclaim a painting of Taelan and his family from the Scarlet Bastion.
- Patch 126.96.36.199662 (2021-03-25): Added.