|Set:||Rise of Shadows|
Rafaam mainly enjoys working with Hagatha because she never laughs at Dr. Boom's jokes.
- For Hagatha's other appearances, see Hagatha the Witch (disambiguation).
How to get
|Golden Swampqueen Hagatha||3200||1600|
- When played, you choose two Shaman spells in a Discover-like menu. You are given a 5-mana 5/5 Drustvar Horror with "Battlecry: Cast [the two spells]".
- The Horror casts the two spells in the order selected. Targeted spells are not targeted randomly; instead, you choose the target when you play the minion, just like any other targeted battlecry. As noted below, at most one of the two spells will be targeted.
- You do not pay mana to cast the spells; however, spells with overload do lock your mana crystals as usual.
- The first choice of spells is random and includes all Shaman spells. If the first spell selected is a targeted spell, the second pool will be limited to non-targeted spells.
- Upgradable spells on Drustvar Horror's Battlecry cannot be upgraded.
- When Drustvar Horror played, it casts two spells in the same order as in selection. During this casting, minions die only after second cast (Reborn minion will survive, Overkill can be triggered twice) besides exceptions (Earthquake).
- If the player has double battlecries from cards such as Brann Bronzebeard and Murmuring Elemental, Swampqueen Hagatha makes two Drustvar Horror cards and the player chooses spells for them separately. Likewise, the double battlecry effects Drustvar Horror's spells twice (two casts, death effects, two casts).
- If Drustvar Horror had Runic Carvings as one of its taught spells, the Battlecry would cast Runic Carvings with both Choose One options combined, even if neither Fandral Staghelm nor Ossirian Tear were in play. This was fixed in Patch 220.127.116.11614.
Swampqueen Hagatha trades a low-tempo minion for a very value-efficient minion to use later. The Drustvar Horror can find spells way above its cost like Bloodlust, Rain of Toads, or The Storm Bringer or help fish for spells like Lava Burst or Hex to gain lethal or save yourself. It is generally well worth the cost and can find its place in control decks or midrange decks as a potential finisher.
The Drustvar Horror's Battlecry also works with Shudderwock, further empowering its Battlecry. Selecting non-targeting spells is advisable and avoid transformation or ally-damaging cards if you plan on using both.
Swampqueen Hagatha is extremely powerful when combined with Heart of Vir'naal or Brann Bronzebeard, allowing for creating two Drustvar Horrors and allowing them to cast twice as many spells. Note that picking a spell with Overload will cause it to be applied twice.
- ▶️From wicker boughs
- ▶️hear my plea! These cursed spells I give to thee!
- Alternative summon (when the friendly hero is Hagatha the Witch)
- In swamp and city
- ▶️<death sound>
- For the lore of this card, see Hagatha (Lore).
- If both heroes are Hagatha the Witch, the allied hero version of her entry quote takes precedent.
- Patch 18.104.22.168614 (2020-11-12): Drustvar Horror will now randomly pick one option for Runic Carvings instead of casting both.
- Patch 22.214.171.124933 (2019-04-04): Added.