|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
|Wiki tags:||Positional effect, Random, Triggered effect|
Boom's Second Law of Motion: HIT IT VERY HARD!
How to get
- Supercollider works in two parts:
- First, it deals the weapon damage to the minion it hits.
- Then, that minion attacks one random adjacent minion, dealing its attack damage to the target and taking the target's attack damage.
- Supercollider won't trigger if the minion is killed by the weapon hit.
- If your opponent only has one minion, Supercollider has no effect.
- Being frozen does not stop the minion from attacking.
Supercollider is a high value weapon that can clear multiple medium and large minions. Try to collide two high attack and health minions together, efficiently removing two threats with a single swing. The weapon is best when RNG can be mitigated, such as by attacking the outermost minion or only attacking when your opponent has two minions, removing the random selection. In order to set up valuable hits, use removal and minion trading to manipulate the enemy's board and minion health. Keep in mind that Supercollider deals 1 damage on its own, potentially opening some trades (ie: colliding a 4 health minion into a 3 attack minion). Keep an eye open for moments like this.
When you have Supercollider in your hand, it might be a good idea to hold off on equipping it until your opponent has a good target. The surprise makes it harder to play around. Once the Supercollider is in play, the threat of easy removal can force your opponent into weaker plays, slowing down Midrange decks. Because of this, it's a good idea to hold the Supercollider for as long as possible, trying to get maximum value.
When playing against a Warrior with Supercollider, position weak minions between your stronger ones, such as Fire Fly, forcing them to either remove the weak minion first, make a worse hit with the weapon, or choose not to swing at all. Be mindful about your board while at 5 mana and above, since a crushing Supercollider can often be avoided with good minion management. Supercollider is weak to weapon removal, especially since Warriors will often hold the weapon for multiple turns without attacking.
- Patch 126.96.36.199770 (2018-08-02): Added.