|Tags:||Positional effect, Taunt-granting|
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions Taunt.
She carries a shield, but only so she can give it to someone she can stand behind.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Sunfury Protector||800||100|
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
- Regular Sunfury Protector could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Sunfury forces are a group of high-ranking blood elves once loyal to Kael'thas Sunstrider. The bulk of their army had been established both in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley, while several of their members left the main contingent to follow other pursuits; mainly, the Scryers and the blood elven forces loyal to Illidan Stormrage.
- In the waning moments of Prince Kael'thas' ill-fated assault on the Sunwell Plateau, the prince recalled his loyal servitors on Outland to his side at Quel'Danas. Though some remnants of his army would heed this call, and become known as the Dawnblade, others did not: a number of the Sunfury forces broke away from the prince's increasingly damning path, and instead reaffirmed their loyalty to their homeland of Quel'Thalas and its acting regent, Lor'themar Theron. Though little is known of the organization's current status, their presence has ensured the Farstriders have become less strained with protecting the nation's borders.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Addisyn the Untouchable.
- A blood elf very similar in appearance to the Sunfury Protector appears in Freedom, one of three web comics released prior to the launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne. When the Pompous Thespian asks if anyone else in his audience seeks the Frozen Throne, the blood elf steps forward and places her shield on the table, stating that she has let others rule her destiny for too long, and that she seeks the freedom to answer to nobody and the wherewithal to see the world at her whim. In response, the thespian tells a tale about Valeera Sanguinar and what it means to have "freedom".