|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Ongoing effect|
When Deathwing assaulted the capital, this soldier was the only member of his squad to survive. Now he's all bitter and stuff.
How to get
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Two copies of golden Stormwind Champion (Core) are obtained for winning 500 games across all classes.
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Stormwind Champion were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the paladin class.
- Two Golden copies of Stormwind Champion were a reward for raising a paladin to levels 59 and 60.
Stormwind Champion is a card very similar to the Raid Leader. However, unlike the Raid Leader, the Stormwind Champion increases all of your minions' health as well as attack, making it more difficult for your board to be cleared by abilities such as Arcane Explosion. Thus, this card is very effective when you already have considerable field presence.
Stormwind Champion is also expensive and only useful late game. If you aren't running a deck that focuses on flooding the board with minions, the chances of seeing his full potential are minor. He works best with decks that drop a large number of minions that bring additional minions with them. Protecting your board will be key for this card to be worth considering. The bonus is fine, but not if you have a board wipe on turn 6. Having two come out back to back can be devastating.
- ▶️For the ALLIANCE!
- ▶️<death sound>
- Stormwind City is located north of Elwynn Forest on Azeroth's northwest coast nearly 1000 years ago, and is the capital city of the kingdom known as Stormwind and the largest human city of Azeroth. However the city-state also controls or influences other territories, which include Elwynn Forest, Northshire Valley, the Redridge Mountains, Westfall, and Duskwood. After the Third War, it has become one of the last great human cities.
- No city better demonstrates human determination than Stormwind. Destroyed during the Horde’s initial invasion of Azeroth, Stormwind was painstakingly reconstructed by the Stonemasons’ Guild after the Second War. Parts of the city were razed again when Deathwing, the corrupted black Dragon Aspect, brutally attacked Stormwind, but the other undamaged districts are more beautiful than ever thanks to their hardworking inhabitants. From the magnificent Cathedral of Light, which serves as a major spiritual hub, to the awe-inspiring Valley of Heroes, which commemorates the sacrifices of Stormwind’s loyal champions, the city truly represents the courageous heart of humanity.
- Stormwind Champion is one of the few cards that has been featured in Hearthstone TV commercials.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Patch 126.96.36.199662 (2021-03-25): Now has 7 Attack (Up from 6). Now has 7 Health (Up from 6).
- Patch 188.8.131.5236 (2017-04-04): Now has Free rarity (previously: Common).
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Now costs 7 mana (Up from 6).