|Wiki tags:||Deck-related, Durability-related, Triggered effect|
This is what it sounds like when spheres scry.
How to get
|Sphere of Sapience||1600||400|
|Golden Sphere of Sapience||3200||1600|
- At the of start of the turn, the player is shown a Discover scene with two cards. The first is the card to be drawn normally, while the second is A New Fate.
- To normally draw a card, the player simply chooses the first card.
- To draw a different card, the player chooses A New Fate. Doing this costs 1 Durability of the weapon, and the first card is then put at the bottom of the deck.
- The card that the player draws from A New Fate is the second card to be drawn normally. For example, if two Sightless Watchers are played, putting two cards on top of the deck, choosing A New Fate from Sphere of Sapience confirms that the second card on top of the deck is drawn.
Sphere of Sapience is a great card for combo decks, giving you at least four chances to filter your deck and draw combo pieces. Since this card doesn't actually give you any card advantage (and in fact costs card advantage and tempo to play), it's generally a poor choice for Tempo decks.
Druid players can use this weapon in Wild format to instantly break the Twig of the World Tree, instantly gaining 10 mana crystals at turn 5, or earlier with The Coin, Innervate, or Lightning Bloom. Likewise, other classes can use it to instantly activate the Deathrattles on their weapons, or counter bad RNG from cards like Blingtron 3000 giving you a weapon like a Cursed Blade.
This can also be an effective counter to Bomb Warrior, as you can choose to avoid drawing the Bombs. It also works well in Soul Fragment decks, since you can choose to draw/avoid Soul Fragments so you can save them up for cards like Soulciologist Malicia, or heal up in a pinch. This does have anti-synergy for Demon Hunters as it blocks their weapon and hero power, but is decent for Warlock decks.
Sphere of Sapience is unique to Hearthstone.
- This is the first collectible neutral non-minion card to ever be added in Hearthstone.
- Sphere of Sapience's effect and flavor text are references to the Scry mechanic from Magic: The Gathering.
- The flavor text is also a reference to the Prince song, "When Doves Cry". More specifically, the line: "This is what it sounds like when doves cry."
- Patch 220.127.116.11613 (2020-07-30): Added.