This page lists cards with card art of Spellstones.
The Spellstones are spells introduced in the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion. There is one Spellstone for each of the nine classes. Each Spellstone starts as a Lesser Spellstone and can be upgraded up to two times. Every Spellstone upgrade has a requirement that must be completed while the Spellstone is in the player's hand. Upon upgrade, a Lesser Spellstone becomes a Spellstone and a Spellstone becomes a Greater Spellstone. Each Spellstone features a different jewel.
- There are stories of mysterious stones imbued with strange magics that can be found within the catacombs. Rumor has it that the Spellstones were forged for a dark purpose, but for now, they lie in the dust, inert, waiting for someone to awaken their power.
- "In ages old, when Ancients broke
- Azari of the Legion spoke
- To tempt the mortals: gems of power
- The weak succumbed, their souls devoured."
In World of Warcraft
- A Spellstone was a Warlock conjured item. Originally a pseudo-relic that occupied the off-hand slot and then later the wand slot which allowed warlocks to dispel all magical debuffs on themselves and increasing spell critical strike rating. A single use of Create Spellstone (which uses a Soul Shard as a reagent) will create a Spellstone with 5 charges.
As of the Cataclysm expansion, the Create Spellstone spell was removed from the game, and Spellstones were no longer able to be created.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||School||Class||Cost||Description|
|Greater Pearl Spellstone||Rare||General||PALADIN||2||Summon a 6/6 Spirit with Taunt.|
|Greater Ruby Spellstone||Rare||General||MAGE||2||Add 3 random Mage spells to your hand.|
|Lesser Pearl Spellstone||Rare||General||PALADIN||2||Summon a 2/2 Spirit with Taunt. (Restore 3 Health to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Ruby Spellstone||Rare||General||MAGE||2||Add 1 random Mage spell to your hand. (Play 2 Elementals to upgrade.)|
|Pearl Spellstone||Rare||General||PALADIN||2||Summon a 4/4 Spirit with Taunt.|
|Ruby Spellstone||Rare||General||MAGE||2||Add 2 random Mage spells to your hand.|
|Amethyst Spellstone||Rare||General||WARLOCK||4||Lifesteal. Deal 5 damage to a minion. (Take damage from your cards to upgrade.)|
|Greater Amethyst Spellstone||Rare||General||WARLOCK||4||Lifesteal. Deal 7 damage to a minion.|
|Lesser Amethyst Spellstone||Rare||General||WARLOCK||4||Lifesteal. Deal 3 damage to a minion. (Take damage from your cards to upgrade.)|
|Emerald Spellstone||Rare||General||HUNTER||5||Summon three 3/3 Wolves. (Play a Secret to upgrade.)|
|Greater Emerald Spellstone||Rare||General||HUNTER||5||Summon four 3/3 Wolves.|
|Greater Onyx Spellstone||Rare||General||ROGUE||5||Destroy up to 3 random enemy minions.|
|Lesser Emerald Spellstone||Rare||General||HUNTER||5||Summon two 3/3 Wolves. (Play a Secret to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Onyx Spellstone||Rare||General||ROGUE||5||Destroy 1 random enemy minion.|
(Play 3 Deathrattle cards to upgrade.)
|Onyx Spellstone||Rare||General||ROGUE||5||Destroy up to 2 random enemy minions.|
|Diamond Spellstone||Rare||General||PRIEST||7||Resurrect 3 different friendly minions.|
|Greater Diamond Spellstone||Rare||General||PRIEST||7||Resurrect 4 different friendly minions.|
|Greater Mithril Spellstone||Rare||General||WARRIOR||7||Summon three 5/5 Mithril Golems.|
|Greater Sapphire Spellstone||Rare||General||SHAMAN||7||Summon 3 copies of a friendly minion.|
|Lesser Diamond Spellstone||Rare||General||PRIEST||7||Resurrect 2 different friendly minions. (Cast 4 spells to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Mithril Spellstone||Rare||General||WARRIOR||7||Summon one 5/5 Mithril Golem. (Equip a weapon to upgrade.)|
|Lesser Sapphire Spellstone||Rare||General||SHAMAN||7||Summon 1 copy of a friendly minion. (Overload 3 Mana Crystals to upgrade.)|
|Mithril Spellstone||Rare||General||WARRIOR||7||Summon two 5/5 Mithril Golems. (Equip a weapon to upgrade.)|
|Sapphire Spellstone||Rare||General||SHAMAN||7||Summon 2 copies of a friendly minion.|
|Showing all 24 cards|
|Races Native to Azeroth|
|Races Alien to Azeroth|
- Daxxarri (2017-11-03). Kobolds & Catacombs: Tempting Treasures. Retrieved on 2017-11-18.
- Hearthside Chat with Peter Whalen: Spellstones - YouTube. (2017-11-30). Retrieved on 2017-11-30.