- "What’s better than a ? A Chillwind Yeti wielding !"
- All Spare Parts cost 1 mana, and directly affect a chosen minion. Most Spare Parts can be used on any minion, but 2 can only be used on friendly minions.
- Generation of Spare Parts is always random, with any Spare Part potentially being placed into the player's hand.
- Spare Parts are uncollectible and cannot be added to decks. Instead, they can be obtained through certain minions, whose effects generate one or more of the cards. Most of these minions generate the Spare Parts through Deathrattles and Battlecries, the exception being , who generates them through a repeatable triggered effect. Most also generate Spare Parts only for the controlling player, but generates one for both players.
- For notes and tips on 's stat-switching effect, see Crazed Alchemist#Notes.
- If your opponent casts then you steal the affected minion (such as by using ), the minion will still unstealth at the start of your opponent's turn. (Before Patch 188.8.131.5274 (WotOG patch), it would unstealth at the start of the newest controller's turn regardless of number of steals.)
As 1 mana spells, Spare Parts have great synergy with triggered effects like those of , , , , Yogg-Saron and . They can also be easily used in synergy with and , and work well to activate Combo effects like and .
- Once a goblin or gnome has finished creating their crazy inventions, what do they do with all of the leftover parts? That’s a trick question – to goblins and gnomes, there’s no such thing as leftover parts! When one of their inventions clash on the field of battle, there’s bound to be a screw that comes loose, a rusted over whirling blade that falls off, or a crumpled up reversing switch left on the battlefield when the smoke clears. These spare parts left over from Mechs are just the thing a clever goblin or gnome needs to improve on their next wacky invention.
Patch 184.108.40.20634 (2014-12-04): Added.
- Goblins vs Gnomes: Spare Parts! (2014-11-20)