|Wiki tags:||Area of effect, Ongoing effect, Pirate-related|
When he saves enough plunder, he's going to commission an enormous captain's hat. He has hat envy.
How to get
|Golden Southsea Captain||1600||400|
Two copies of golden Southsea Captain (Core) are obtained for winning 2500 games across all classes.
- Regular Southsea Captain could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 and Diamond 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (6/10) and (8/10) achievements).
Use the Southsea Captain for a pirate-themed deck. Southsea Captain is most useful when you have a number of pirates out and you need to keep them alive or deal extra damage. As a 3/3 for 3 mana, he may be a good early drop if you do not have a better minion available. Play two at once and you will have two 4/4 minions for 6 mana and your other pirates will have +2/+2.
Southsea Captain is a good (non 1-drop) pirate to pull Patches the Pirate with, giving you 5/5 worth of stats in turn 3 alone, and even more with additional pirates.
- ▶️Trust the Pirate's Code.
- ▶️Scurvy dog!
- ▶️<death sound>
- The Southsea Freebooters, a small fleet of pirates, have no landward home — at least none that authorities have found — but are a common sight along the coast of the Barrens and Tanaris, and have even recently appeared in the flooded Thousand Needles. Their connection with the Northsea Freebooters is unclear, but the Northsea Freebooters seem to have a severe disliking of the Southsea ones.
- The Southsea Freebooters have several bases located along the southeastern coasts of Kalimdor.
- This card depicts Fleet Master Seahorn, a tauren pirate found in Booty Bay, as depicted in the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series. This is a little odd, since Seahorn is neither a captain nor is found in the South Seas.
- A tauren pirate very similar in appearance to the Southsea Captain appears as a minor character in Forest for the Weary and Freedom, two of the web comics released prior to the launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne.