|Abilities:||Deal damage, Discard|
|Wiki tags:||Random, Targeted|
Are you lighting a soul on fire? Or burning someone with your OWN soul? This seems like an important distinction.
How to get
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Soulfire were a reward for raising a warlock to level 6.
- Two Golden copies of Soulfire were a reward for raising a warlock to levels 28 and 30.
- This spell has two steps:
- Example: If you control Archmage Antonidas and cast Soulfire, Archmage Antonidas will add a Fireball to your hand before Soulfire discards a random card, which thus can be the Fireball you just obtained.
If you cast this spell with no other cards in hand, you will be unable to discard a card, essentially gaining 4 damage with no penalty. It's still useful if you are willing to give up any of the cards in your hand as 4 damage is a significant amount of damage for 1 mana.
Soul Fire is a Destruction warlock spell from World of Warcraft. It is a high damage, mana efficient spell that deals a large chunk of Fire damage to the target. The spell generally suffers from a very long cast time, but a related ability can reduce its cast time by 50% when used on low health targets, allowing it to be used as a powerful execute ability.
- Blizzard has commonly misspelled the World of Warcraft spell Soul Fire as Soulfire in the past.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Cremate.