Why did it have to be snakes?
RARITY=4 CLASS=3 COLLECTIBLE=1 ELITE=0 COST=2 CARDTYPE=5 FACTION=3 ENCHANTMENT_BIRTH_VISUAL=0 ENCHANTMENT_IDLE_VISUAL=0 SECRET=1
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
Two copies of golden Snake Trap (Core) are obtained for winning 250 games as hunter.
- Regular Snake Trap could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 and Diamond 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (6/10) and (8/10) achievements).
- Each player can only have 7 minions on their side of the battlefield at any time. If this Secret tries to summon Snakes beyond this limit, any excess Snakes will be lost. It will not trigger if the board is full.
- Snake Trap triggers on the same step in the attack sequence as , , , Forgetful effects, and several other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- For instance, if Snake Trap is played before Freezing Trap, its Snakes will be created first and may activate a which kills the attacker, preventing Freezing Trap from activating after all.
- Unlike Misdirection and Freezing Trap, Snake Trap will activate normally even if the attacker is neutralized by another effect before Snake Trap activates.
- For instance, if Snake Trap is played after Freezing Trap, an attacker might be returned to the hand but still cause the snakes to be summoned. If those snakes trigger a Knife Juggler, the knives cannot hit the returned attacker.
Snake Trap combos excellently with , potentially triggering the minion to throw 3 knives when the trap is triggered. If the knives hit the attacking minion itself, it can even be destroyed mid-attack, preventing it from dealing damage to its target. However, the opponent can still remove the Knife Juggler using a spell or other effect without triggering the Secret.
Snake Trap also works well in conjunction with . If you are able to get your opponent to trigger Snake Trap while Starving Buzzard is on the field, you will draw 3 cards. You can also use Snake Trap in conjunction with , sacrificing your Snakes by attacking enemy minions in order to buff your Scavenging Hyena with up to +6/+3; or with for an easy +3 Attack boost.
Snake Trap is a glyphed hunter ability which places a trap at the target location. When triggered, it releases several venomous snakes which will move toward and attack nearby targets, applying a Crippling Poison that reduces movement speed. The snakes last for up to 15 seconds before expiring.
- Prior to Patch 220.127.116.1133 (LoE patch), Snake Trap had a bug that allowed it to activate even if your board was full.
- The flavour text "Why did it have to be snakes?" is a quotation from the movie Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Snake Trap.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 18.104.22.16821 (2016-08-09): now costs 1, up from 0.
- Hearthstone Laboratory (2015-12-19). [Hearthstone Laboratory] Snake Trap vs Noble Sacrifice.
- PattuX (2015-12-2). [Hearthstone] Snake trap is now high priority trigger.
- Patashu (2015-5-29). [Hearthstone Science] various Ogre Brute and Traps interactions.