|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
"Oh, I'm not serious about it. I only pirate on the weekends."
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
An excellent one-drop for Rogues even if their deck is not Pirate-focused, who can use their Hero Power to boost the Small-Time Buccaneer into a 3/1.
Other classes should be using a Pirate tribal deck before playing this minion. Pirate Warrior is a very strong alternative, with multiple weapons and weapon-generating cards that activate the Small-Time Buccaneer's effect.
Small Time Buccaneer is best played at turn 1 while going first. Since it is a pirate, it can summon Patches the Pirate . Due to its 1 health, most classes can remove Small-Time Buccaneer very easily for most classes on Turn 2 such as Mage, Druid, and Rogue Hero Powers as well as spells such as and before you can get it to 3 attack.
- Who goes tharr?
- Ummm... hmm.
- Small-Time Buccaneer was always a neutral card, but changed about five or six times throughout the design process. One of his iterations had him as a 1 mana 1/2 that gained a permanent +2 Attack buff whenever the player equipped a weapon. This caused problems with the Rogue Hero Power, , as the Rogue could sometimes use their Hero Power three times in three consecutive turns and cause their Small-Time Buccaneer to become a 7/2 minion, which was deemed to be too powerful.
- The earliest known version of Small-Time Buccaneer was a card known as "Swashbuckler", a 1 mana 1/1 minion with "Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each Attack of your weapon."
- Patch 22.214.171.12420 (2017-02-28): Now has 1 Health (Down from 2).
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2016-11-29): Added.
- Cam Shea (2017-01-11). IGN - Hearthstone: The many iterations of Small-Time Buccaneer. Retrieved on 2017-01-13.
- Cam Shea (2017-01-12). IGN - Hearthstone: Blizzard on designing Jade, testing red mana and leaving Reno behind. Retrieved on 2017-01-13.