|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Remove from deck|
It's as though a million Jade Idols cried out, and were suddenly silenced.
How to get
|Golden Skulking Geist||1600||400|
- When determining which spells to destroy, Skulking Geist looks at their base mana costs, before any cost modification effects are applied.
Example: A player has a copy of Arcane Missiles in their hand and a Sorcerer's Apprentice in play, causing their Arcane Missiles to cost 0. Their opponent plays Skulking Geist, destroying the Arcane Missiles.
This minion can serve as an extremely powerful tech card against decks that rely on 1-Cost spells, such as Secret Paladin (Avenge, Noble Sacrifice, etc.) or Jade Druid (Jade Idol). Other important 1-cost spells removed include Inner Fire, Potion of Madness, Dark Pact, Evolve, Unstable Evolution, Earthen Scales, Naturalize, Whirlwind, and Shield Slam.
Note that if is played after a player uses Explore Un'Goro, their entire deck is destroyed, providing an almost guaranteed loss for them. It also removes Hakkar, the Soulflayer's Corrupted Blood from both players.
- ▶️Me hungry! You yummy!
- ▶️Me like!
- ▶️<death sound>
- Geists are hideous crawling, gangrel creatures of the Scourge. Geists have hangman's ropes around their necks and at least some of them are executed criminals reborn as undead. Agile and quick despite their crawling gait, they are one of the lower-ranking forms of undead. Aside from use in combat, geists see a lot of service as manual labor. Despite their gagged, hooded faces (dominated by only one eye) and muffled, harsh cackling, geists are capable of coherent speech after clearing their throats.
- After being freed from the grasp of the Lich King, some geists have regrouped against him under the banner of Highlord Darion Mograine as members of the Knights of the Ebon Blade.
- Skulking Geist's flavor text is a reference to the 1977 film Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, in which Obi-Wan Kenobi states "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced" after sensing the destruction of the planet Alderaan.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Vindictive Strike.
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): Added.
- Matthew Place on Twitter. (2017-08-03).