|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Discover, Highlander, Replace Hero Power|
|Wiki tags:||Deck-related, Hero Power-related|
"The sands shall be my sea! And this scarab shall be my, er, strange and wriggly boat!"
- For other representations of Sir Finley, see Sir Finley (disambiguation).
How to get
|Sir Finley of the Sands||1600||400|
|Golden Sir Finley of the Sands||3200||1600|
Generated Hero Powers
- Sir Finley of the Sands can Discover any of the 10 hero powers, including the one for your current class.
- Sir Finley of the Sands will still replace your hero power even if you have a non-basic one.
Sir Finley's Battlecry is very powerful when played early, allowing the Paladin access to a powerful Hero Power for the rest of the game. Even though Finley's condition looks restrictive, Paladin has lots of strong cards Aggressive decks can especially make use of his effect, improving their tempo with high-pressure hero powers like Demon's Bite, Poisoned Daggers, and Ballista Shot. Control decks can also make use of Tank Up! and Heal. Any archetype gains long-term value from Fireblast Rank 2, The Silver Hand, and Soul Tap.
Arguably, the largest bonus to use Sir Finley of the Sands is the ability to include Reno Jackson, Zephrys the Great and Dragonqueen Alexstrasza in your deck. Reno's huge game-swinging healing, Zephrys' insane flexibility and Alexstrasza's tempo swing will help make up for some of the drop in card consistency.
In slower decks, Sir Finley can be searched for using Witchwood Piper as long as he's your lowest-cost minion.
Sir Finley can also be played simply as a vanilla 2/3 murloc in murloc decks. In fact, with Tip the Scales you could run some duplicate cards and still be able to somewhat reliably activate his Battlecry if you drew him earlier.
Players can evaluate the likely usefulness of Sir Finley of the Sands based on how many Upgraded Hero Powers would accomplish certain goals.
The following lists the chances to find the Hero Powers that accomplish certain goals:
- Five Hero Powers (91.7%): Deal 2 damage to attackable opponent (Demon Hunter, Druid, Mage, Rogue, Hunter)
- Four Hero Powers (83.3%): Deal 2 damage to minion (Demon Hunter, Druid, Mage, Rogue)
- Three Hero Powers (70.8%): "Heal" self by 2 (Druid, Warrior, Priest)
- Two Hero Powers (53.3%): Deal 2 damage to opponent past Taunt (Mage, Hunter), "heal" self by 4 (Warrior, Priest), summon a minion (Paladin, Shaman)
- One Hero Power (30%): Any single Hero Power
Some bosses like The Lich King's Cheat Card punish your base hero power Reinforce, so changing it to a more useful one will not only help you in the long run, but it enables cards like Zephrys the Great and Reno Jackson, which can easily win you the game.
- Onward, to adventure!
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Morgl the Oracle)
- Salutations cousin.
- I must insist!
- Sir Finley of the Sands was the first card designed for Saviors of Uldum. When assigning the members of the League of Explorers to specific classes, Team 5 almost instantly knew that Finley would be a paladin, citing the fact that he was at some point knighted and has "Sir" in his name as well as because they feel that murlocs have a special place with paladins. When discussing how the explorers have "levelled up" since their last appearance together in The League of Explorers, it was clear that Finley could level up by letting players Discover an upgraded class Hero Power instead of a basic one.
- Patch 126.96.36.199222 (2020-03-26): Can now Discover the Demon Hunter hero power Demon's Bite.
- Patch 188.8.131.52708 (2019-08-01): Added.
- Ricardo C. Esteves (2019-07-18). World Exclusive - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum card reveal. Gamereactor. Retrieved on 2019-07-20.
- Ben Thompson on reddit. (2019-07-10). Retrieved on 2019-07-18.