|Abilities:||Destroy, Restore Health|
You probably should avoid siphoning your own soul. You might create some kind of weird infinite loop.
How to get
|Golden Siphon Soul||800||100|
Two copies of regular Siphon Soul (Core) are obtained for raising warlock to level 4.
Two copies of golden Siphon Soul (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as warlock.
- Regular Siphon Soul could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- This spell has two steps:
Siphon Soul is the warlock's answer to the healthiest or most powerful enemies. Similar to Assassinate for rogues, it is the warlock's simple and certain removal spell. Its added bonus of a 3 heal designs it specifically for warlocks and their tendency to hurt themselves. It also has the versatility of targeting your own minions, useful to trigger deathrattles (eg. Abomination) or if the minion is going to die within the next turn, such as due to Power Overwhelming. There is no downside to this card besides its somewhat hefty 6 mana cost. As a straight up removal effect it bypasses Divine Shields.
Siphon Soul is likely based on the old Affliction talents Siphon Life and Soul Siphon in World of Warcraft (these are no longer in the game). The concept of soul draining is a common theme for warlocks. Drain Life and Drain Soul are two such spells. Affliction warlocks specialise in draining spells, and are able to capture the souls of their victims in Soul Shards, which can then be consumed in order to empower even further their already formidable abilities.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Naxxramas Tokens" series, for the card Spectral Rider.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 126.96.36.199662 (2021-03-25): Now costs 5 mana (Down from 6). Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).