|Set:||Madness at the Darkmoon Faire|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Take control|
|Wiki tags:||Positional effect|
"You might remember me from such attractions as 'Being Shot out of a Cannon' or 'That Carousel Ate My Friend.'"
How to get
Silas Darkmoon is uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
- Golden Silas Darkmoon was obtained by purchasing the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire's Tavern Pass.
- Regular Silas Darkmoon was obtained by logging into Hearthstone from October 22, 2020 to February 19, 2021.
- The gryphons on the art of choice cards are positioned in the direction in which your minions will move from your perspective.
- "This Way" rotates clockwise (your minions move left, your opponent's minions move right).
- "That Way" rotates counter-clockwise (your minions move right, your opponent's minions move left).
- The outermost minions switch control. This can include Silas himself.
- If a Dormant minion is on the edge of the board, it will be ignored and the next adjacent minion will swap instead.
- If Silas is rotated with Brann Bronzebeard on board or Heart of Vir'naal active, the second rotation will be random.
- If Silas is played with a opponent's board full of Dormant minions, the maximium of 7 minions can be passed.
Generally, you want to ensure what you give your opponent is much worse than what you take from them. For example, paladins can trade a Silver Hand Recruit for a larger threat. Be mindful of your outermost minions. Even on an empty board, Silas will trade himself away, although this can still be used to steal high-impact minions like Rattlegore and Obsidian Statue.
While you might lose some value of Silas from this, stealing an opponent's minion buffed with spells like Libram of Wisdom or just combo pieces like Gadgetzan Auctioneer can prove to be useful, with the former disrupting potential Libram and Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate strategies and the latter hurting decks like Miracle Rogue or decks based on C'Thun, the Shattered.
- Silas Darkmoon is the founder and leader of the Darkmoon Faire, an exotic bunch of wandering showmen, who together celebrate the wondrous and mysterious idiosyncrasies found in Azeroth. Previously operating in Mulgore and Elwynn Forest, his Faire has since the time of Deathwing's fall moved to Darkmoon Island.
- Silas Darkmoon was the seventh card available in Play mode before the release of the expansion it belonged to.
- Silas Darkmoon's flavor text is a reference to The Simpsons character Troy McClure.
- The flavor of Silas' Battlecry references the Darkmoon Carousel in the Faire. His theme also comes from the Darkmoon Carousel's music.
- Patch 126.96.36.199003 (2021-01-21): Fixed a bug where losing control of a minion immediately when it comes into play (such as playing Silas Darkmoon on an empty board) would not correctly Corrupt cards in hand.
- Patch 188.8.131.52614 (2020-11-12): Flavor text added.
- Patch 184.108.40.206160 (2020-10-22): Added.