Battlecry: Look at 3 cards in your deck. Choose one to put on top.
What he lacks in sight, he makes up for in sleight-of-tentacle tricks.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Sightless Watcher (Core) are obtained for raising demon hunter to level ?.
Two copies of golden Sightless Watcher (Core) are obtained for winning 100 games as demon hunter.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Sightless Watcher were automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the Demon Hunter class.
- Two Golden copies of Sightless Watcher were a reward for raising a Demon Hunter to levels 42 and 44.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sightless Watcher does not shuffle the deck.
- In real life, this effect would be akin to picking three random cards from the deck and having a referee show them to the player without giving away their locations within the deck while also preserving the order of the deck. The card that the player picks would be put on top of the deck and the deck is stacked back in its original order.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, Sightless Watcher does not offer the third choice, due to it being another copy of itself and conflict with Discover's new self-exception rule.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The turn Sightless Watcher is played, it's effectively a Bloodfen Raptor. However, it allows you to set up your next draw, giving you the best of three options to fill your mana curve. In a sense, it's a Tracking that doesn't discard the other options and comes with a 3/2 Demon, but also is much slower.
Sightless Watcher is great for setting up Outcast cards, ensuring they're the next card if you have the mana to play them, or guaranteeing you'll draw something else if you know you won't be able to play it next turn.
This minion can also help fetch specific cards. If you're against an aggressive deck and you know you'll need a board clear soon, you can ensure your next card is something like Chaos Nova or Soul Cleave. If you're looking for a finisher, Sightless Watcher can grab an Inner Demon. It's also good for helping you get key cards on curve like an Imprisoned Antaen or prevent key cards from being drawn, like your spells in a Spiteful Summoner deck.
Beware of cards with Shuffle into deck effect, such as Bad Luck Albatross. When any card is shuffled into your deck, your deck is also randomly shuffled, effectively countering the Battlecry which you have used before. For instance, if there is a Bad Luck Albatross in your opponent's board, remember to destroy it before you play Sightless Watcher.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Sightless Watcher is an observer who has recently become a demon hunter. While most demon hunters have to sacrifice both of their eyes, this observer had to sacrifice all seven. On the upside, he also got six warglaives.
- Observers (or floating eyes) are an intelligent race of floating eyeball squids native to the Great Dark Beyond.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Art process[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Basic to Legacy set.
- Server-side patch (2020-04-02): Now obtainable (locked from use until 10AM PT, 2020-04-07).
- Patch 184.108.40.206222 (2020-03-26): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone (2020-03-24). Hearthside Chat – Demon Hunter Deep Dive. YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-03-27.