Have you seen the size of the shields in this game?? This is no easy job.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Shieldbearer is a very cheap taunt minion that can be placed early to help stall a game until more mana is available for stronger cards. A combination of Divine Spirit followed by Inner Fire can turn this into a potentially game-ending powerhouse very early. That being said, you should take care, as always, to make sure that your opponent does not have any hard removal like Shadow Word: Death. A safer and cheaper move may be to use a single Inner Fire to create a 4/4 for only 2 mana, as well as being safe from both Shadow Word: Death and Shadow Word: Pain.
Shieldbearer differs from Mirror Image in some key ways - Shieldbearer will deal more effectively with AoE attacks, but will only be able to stand a single hit from stronger minions. Due to mage decks regularly featuring spell synergy from cards such as Flamewaker and Mana Wyrm, it is rare for Shieldbearer to feature in a mage deck.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The draenei are a faction of uncorrupted eredar who fled their home world of Argus, and again from Draenor following the corruption of the orcs as part of Kil'Jaedan's plot to wipe out the draenei. Their base is on the Azuremyst Isles, near the west coast of Kalimdor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The summon quote is a reference to a well-known line from the The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Vindicator Agran.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): No longer has an Enrage effect that grants 1 Attack.