"What is a better weapon? The sharp one your enemies expect, or the blunt one they ignore?" - The Art of Warrior, Chapter 9
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
Two copies of golden Shield Slam (Core) are obtained for winning 250 games as warrior.
- Regular Shield Slam could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Platinum 10 and Diamond 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (6/10) and (8/10) achievements).
- Spell Damage and increase the total damage dealt by this spell, not the damage per Armor. For example, with 10 Armor and Spell Damage +2, Shield Slam will deal 12 damage.
- This spell can be used if your hero has no Armor, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
- Casting this spell will not consume existing Armor.
Shield Slam has incredible synergy with the warrior hero power , and armor-boosting cards such as , and . It's not uncommon for a warrior to have 5 or more armor, meaning Shield Slam is usually capable of easily killing strong minions for only 1 mana.
As with other damaging spells, Spell Damage can be used to increase the damage dealt by Shield Slam. More unusually, because Shield Slam has a base damage of 0, increased by the player's Armor total, Spell Damage will allow Shield Slam to deal damage even when the player has no Armor. This is most significant with , who will allow a player with 0 Armor to cast Shield Slam for 5 damage.
Shield Slam can be used to damage friendly minions. This can be useful for triggering powerful effects such as enraging or activating 's Deathrattle. Always keep in mind the amount of damage Shield Slam will do to avoid misplays, such as destroying your own Grommash.
Since this card is based on the Warrior's armor, it's always a good idea to keep their armor count to 0. In short notice, early turns can give them 2-5 armor from Hero Power and other cards. Have minion health be at least +1 higher than their armor.
Based upon the World of Warcraft ability of the same name, this is the bread and butter of any true Protection warrior. It is a staple attack which deals damage and generates Rage to fuel the warrior's other abilities.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Blessing of Defense.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Added, replacing Death Wish. Deal 1 damage to a minion for each Armor you have. [1 mana]