|Abilities:||Draw cards, Gain Armor|
Gain 5 Armor. Draw a card.
Shields were invented because Face Block is USELESS.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
They are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Previous availability[edit | edit source]
Prior Year of the Gryphon's rotation on March 30, 2021:
- Two copies of Shield Block were a reward for raising a warrior to level 8.
- Two Golden copies of Shield Block were a reward for raising a warrior to levels 28 and 30.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
If you are in a control vs control match, or any other match expected to go into Fatigue, it is usually a good idea to not play Shield Block if you draw it late. The extra draw will put you further into Fatigue than your opponent, eventually negating the Armor you gained.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "My faith be my shield."—Mojo Mender Ja'nah
- "Mine be dis huge metal thing, mon."—Indalamar
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Last Stand.