|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Wiki tags:||Class-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Aya even staged an intervention once, but Shaku still insists that he is not a hoarder.
- For the event version of this card, see Shaku, the Collector (Event).
How to get
|Shaku, the Collector||1600||400|
|Golden Shaku, the Collector||3200||1600|
- Shaku's effect triggers on the "proposed attack" phase in the attack sequence. This is the same phase as Forgetful effects, a number of Secrets, and a few others. Therefore all such effects occur in order of play, before combat damage is dealt.
- Shaku will not add a card if it is neutralized as an attacker before its ability can activate.
- Example: A Shaku played after Freezing Trap would be returned to the hand upon attacking, before it could trigger and add a card.
Shaku serves as yet another source of non-Rogue cards, alongside Burgle, Undercity Huckster, and Swashburglar, but his effect is renewable as long as he survives. His stats are below average but comes with Stealth, which almost guarantees Shaku will generate at least one card, but makes him easily removable afterwards. Fortunately, he plays on curve perfectly with Shadow Sensei to buff him into a 4/5, increasing his chance of surviving longer to create more cards.
- Succumb to your darkness.
- Give in.
Shaku is unique to Hearthstone. Much like the Shadowbeast, he is a "sha creation", but he has gained a much higher level of sentience than the rest of his kin. He is "super evil, super old, and super greedy", and is rumored to whisper the name "Shaohao".
- The sha (known as ikk to the hozen) are malevolent spirits found in Pandaria. Physical manifestations of negative emotions such as fear, hatred, or anger, they were spawned from the dying breath of the Old God Y'Shaarj when it was slain by the titans.
- For thousands of years, the sha lay relatively dormant below Pandaria, but the arrival of the Alliance, the Horde and their war on Pandaria's shores caused the sha to once again rise up to threaten the land. However, since the heart of their creator was drained of its last remaining power during the Siege of Orgrimmar, the sha will eventually cease to be.
- Patch 18.104.22.16890 (2016-11-29): Added.
- hungrydano (2017-01-02). Shouldn't Shaku attacking into Freezing Trap generate a card before getting bounced? (reply).
- dadozer (2017-01-01). Shouldn't Shaku attacking into Freezing Trap generate a card before getting bounced?.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-11-07).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-11-08).
- Matthew Place on Twitter. (2016-11-07).