|Abilities:||Replace Hero Power|
|Wiki tags:||Hero Power-related|
If a bright light shines on a priest in Shadowform… do they cast a shadow?
For more information, see the original version.
How to get
Generated Hero Powers
- If your Hero Power is not Mind Shatter or Mind Spike, Shadowform will replace it with Mind Spike.
- If your Hero Power is already Mind Spike, Shadowform will replace it with Mind Shatter.
- If your Hero Power is already Mind Shatter, Shadowform will have no effect (including not refreshing your Hero Power).
- As usual, replacing your Hero Power will refresh it, allowing the new Hero Power to be used on that same turn if mana allows.
- Example: You can use Lesser Heal, cast Shadowform and use Mind Spike on the same turn.
This is more powerful than it might appear at first glance. 2 "untauntable" damage that can be targeted at anything is better than any other offensive Hero Power. It is comparable to a twice as powerful Fireblast, or three times as powerful when changed to Mind Shatter. Just remember you are trading a reliable source of healing synergies.
Shadowform tends to be weaker in the early game, but more powerful as mana becomes more available later in the game. Shadowform costs 3 mana, and Mind Spike costs an additional 2 mana for a total of 5 mana for 2 damage. This can be a big hit to a deck's tempo. However, once mana is more free, the double Shadowform Mind Shatter is the most powerful Hero Power in the game (other than INFERNO! granted by the warlock's Lord Jaraxxus card).
Turn 7 and 10 are notable checkpoints for use of multiple hero powers in one turn. On turn 7, Lesser Heal, Shadowform and then Mind Spike can be played in a single turn (2 healing and 2 damage). On turn 10, Shadowform, Mind Spike, Shadowform then Mind Shatter can be played in a single turn (5 damage).
If you play Prophet Velen, your Shadowform ability will deal double damage. This means Mind Spike will deal 4 damage and Mind Shatter will deal 6 damage, the latter being arguably more powerful and useful than any other Hero Power (INFERNO! included). This is because unlike INFERNO!, you do not have to wait a turn to deal the 6 damage, and you can deal the damage behind enemy Taunt minions. Under these circumstances, however rare or difficult they may be to pull off, you essentially gain a Fireball which costs only 2 mana and can be played every turn. Just make sure to protect your Prophet Velen.
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Added.