|Abilities:||Replace Hero Power|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Your Hero Power becomes 'Deal 2 damage.'
If a bright light shines on a priest in Shadowform… do they cast a shadow?
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Shadowform (Core) are obtained for raising priest to level 8.
Two copies of golden Shadowform (Core) are obtained for winning 250 games as priest.
Generated Hero Powers[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Casting this spell creates a distinctive visual effect on the hero portrait: this effect is removed when your Hero Power is replaced by a Hero Power other than Mind Spike.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are 2 achievements related to Shadowform.
|Gameplay - Core - Classes||Killer Headache||Deal 100 damage with your Hero Power while in Shadowform.|
|Gameplay - Core - Classes||Killer Headache||Deal 300 damage with your Hero Power while in Shadowform.|
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Let me ask you this, brothers and sisters: Can good exist without evil? Can there be light without dark?
This spell is normally used by Shadow priests. Though Anduin Wrynn studied under King Magni and High Priest Rohan, which suggest Wrynn was a priest of light, others of the world of Azeroth and Outland believe light does not exist alone, that there must be a balance between the light and dark. This other side to Anduin's powers is reflected in his portrait, with dark shadow energy covering his left hand and swirling outwards, perhaps illustrating his command of this other side of the priest's powers.
World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- I draw deep from the shadows to slake my thirst for power. I'm never thirsty for long.
Shadowform is a priest ability available only to Shadow priests. Using it shifts the priest into a Shadowform, increasing their spell haste, armor and Shadow damage dealt. However, these dark powers have their price; attuning to the Shadow leaves the priest unable to call upon the power of the Light, preventing them from using most Holy spells. Shadowpriests are almost always to be found in Shadowform, but can drop the form if need be, in order to make use of their healing spells. Priests in Shadowform are instantly recognisable by their purple, translucent appearance, with this visual effect extending to mounts and equipment.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Shadowform.
- Shadowform may be used in a number of combos which allow for multiple Hero Power uses in one turn. See Hero Power - Trivia for details.
- Until the release of Blackrock Mountain (specifically Majordomo Executus), Shadowform was the only way a player could use multiple Hero Powers in one turn without the use of cost-modifying effects.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch Changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.11662 (2021-03-25):
- Now costs 2 mana (Down from 3).
- Now reads: Your Hero Power becomes 'Deal 2 damage.' (previously: Your Hero Power becomes 'Deal 2 damage.' If already in Shadowform: 3 damage.).
- Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).
- Patch 18.104.22.168222 (2020-03-26): Moved from Classic to Hall of Fame set.
- Patch 22.214.171.12417 (2017-10-17): Will no longer incorrectly grant an upgraded Hero Power if played while Voidform is active.