Start with a powerful minion and stir in Shadowflame and you have a good time!
How to get
|Card packs||Regular, Golden||1~2|
- Regular Shadowflame could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- This spell has two steps:
- The steps should be the other way around according to the card text, so this is a bug.
- Shadowflame can target any friendly minion. In particular:
- You can target a minion that has already attacked and is exhausted, a minion that just entered the battlefield, a minion with the "can't attack" ability (such as ) or any other minion whether or not it is able to attack.
- This spell can be used on a minion with 0 Attack, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
- Damage dealt by Shadowflame is considered to be dealt by the spell and not by the targeted minion. In particular:
- Any triggered effects on the targeted minion that activate from dealing damage (such as or ) will not trigger.
- Shadowflame's damage is increased by bonuses from Spell Damage and . Notice that if a minion with Spell Damage is the target of Shadowflame, it will still contribute to the total Spell Damage bonus used to calculate Shadowflame's damage.
- Minions that will be damaged by Shadowflame are decided based on the casting player, not on the targeted minion: for example, if a Shadowflame you cast triggers an opponent's , despite it targeting (and destroying) one of your opponent's minions, it will still deal damage to your opponent's minions, not to your minions.
Ideally used on a target with a high Attack value, or when facing several opponents, in order to maximise its destructive potential. Also excellent for use in combination with , benefiting from the increased Attack and effectively removing the spell's drawback. Shadowflame's downside is also minimised when cast upon low value or low health targets such as , especially if they are expected to be destroyed next round.
It is usually a good idea to use the target to attack before casting Shadowflame. It can also be used on freshly summoned targets for one-turn board clear combos.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Shadow and Flame.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.206662 (2021-03-25): Now has Shadow spell school (previously: no spell school).