|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Wiki tags:||Class-related, Random, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
The Sethekk weren't able to survive this long by being wasteful with their power. Or their wacky hats.
How to get
Sethekk Veilweaver can be obtained through Ashes of Outland card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Sethekk Veilweaver can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season.
|Golden Sethekk Veilweaver||1600||400|
This minion has the potential to create a large amount of value for relatively little investment and low mana cost. As priest does have plenty of spells that target minions, such as Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death, Penance, Apotheosis, and Power Word: Shield, Sethekk Veilweaver can generate plenty of useful spells. The buffs and removal generated from these spells can potentially ensure that this minion stays on the board for more than one turn, despite its initially low health. As such, it can be used for massive tempo swings or simple value generation, depending on your situation.
- ▶️Power in trinkets! <caw>
- ▶️<attack sound>
- ▶️<death sound>
- The Sethekk are a faction of the arakkoa who believe themselves to be the true and most loyal followers of the master of all arakkoa. The nature of this master is unknown to outsiders; the arakkoa do not speak of him except to say that his mysteries are for the feathered people alone.
- The Sethekk were formed when Talon King Ikiss proclaimed himself Terokk reborn, and gathered the broken and crazed arakkoa cursed by Sethe to his cause. The Sethekk used Sethe's power to control Anzu, the Raven God; in an alternate timeline the ritual to control Anzu was halted by adventurers. As the arakkoa spiraled further into darkness, the Sethekk grew in power in arakkoa society. Eventually the Sethekk abandoned the worship of Sethe in favor of an unnamed Old God--the aforementioned "master of all arakkoa."
The Sethekk Veilweaver's name may be a reference to the "veil" that the Arakkoa Outcasts seem to revere. While never elaborated upon, it is implied to be the shadow/illusion magic the outcasts use to remain hidden in the shadows. Arakkoa settlements also tend to be called veils.
- This minion's summon quote is a reference to Talon King Ikiss and his quote that became memetically popular during World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade: "Ra-ak! Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Ak! Power, great power. Ra-kaw! Power in trinkets! Ak-caw!"
- Patch 184.108.40.206222 (2020-03-26): Added.