|Wiki tags:||Secret-related, Triggered effect|
Where is Mankrik's wife? She'll never tell.
How to get
- Regular Secretkeeper could also be obtained as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 and Gold 10 in Ranked mode from April 1, 2020 to March 25, 2021 (or as a reward of Climbing the Ranks (2/10) and (4/10) achievements).
- Secretkeeper only triggers when you play a Secret from your hand. Mad Scientist and Mysterious Challenger therefore do not trigger Secretkeeper.
- Secretkeeper triggers in the On Play Phase whenever you play a Secret, meaning that even if the Secret is Countered by Counterspell, Secretkeeper will still trigger and gain +1/+1.
This card's effect triggers whenever either player plays a secret. As far as opponents go, note that there are only four classes that can currently use secrets (hunter, mage, paladin and rogue), making this card a poor choice if relying on the opponent to play secrets. However, as part of a deck that features many secrets, it can easily acquire stats that far exceed the expectations of its mana cost.
Bear in mind that the secret needs to be played for Secretkeeper to gain stats, which means cards like Mad Scientist will not buff it. The cost of secret also matters: mages won't be able to buff it as often, but paladins or hunters can buff it more often.
The following quotes were used prior to patch 126.96.36.199761.
- Secretkeeper's updated flavor text is a reference to Lost in Battle, an infamous quest from the original version of the Barrens zone in World of Warcraft in which the orc Mankrik asked players to find his wife Olgra, who fell in battle. Since Mankrik's wife was located very far away from him and the quest offered almost no directions to where to find her, this led to "Where is Mankrik's wife?" becoming an often repeated question and eventually a popular meme in Barrens chat. In the Cataclysm expansion, Mankrik finally recovered and buried Olgra.
- The artwork originally used for this card prior to patch 188.8.131.52761 comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Blood of Gladiators" series, for the card Meltdown.
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 184.108.40.206761 (2019-07-01): Received new card art, voicelines, and flavor text.
- Previous flavor text: She promises not to tell anyone about that thing you did last night with that one person.
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Now activates when a secret is played, rather than when it is revealed. Now a 1/2 instead of a 2/1.