|See other versions: BG Regular and BG Gold|
|Tags:||Beast-related, Death-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever a friendly Beast dies, gain +2/+1.
Hyenas prefer the bones of kodos or windserpents, but they'll eat pretty much anything. Even Brussels sprouts.
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Scavenging Hyena||400||50|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of regular Scavenging Hyena (Core) are obtained for raising hunter to level 1.
Two copies of golden Scavenging Hyena (Core) are obtained for winning 50 games as hunter.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Scavenging Hyena is a minion that can quickly snowball out of control if not dealt with properly. Play it alongside other beasts or better yet, play it after you already have a board full of beasts to buff its stats safely. Beasts with low cost and low health can do this very quickly. Once you have a sufficiently buffed Scavanging Hyena, it will be painful for opponents to remove without direct damage especially if you have other threatening beasts on board or if it's hidden behind a Taunt.
Small early-game beasts synergize the best with Scavenging Hyena. Cards that summon multiple beasts like Snake Trap and Alleycat are good for fueling it. It's even stronger if the beasts have Rush or Charge so the Hyena can be buffed at any time, making cards like Unleash the Hounds, Springpaw, and Desert Spear more effective with it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Banzai.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Year of the Gryphon rotation (2021-03-30): Moved from Classic to Legacy set.
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now only eats your own Beasts. Whenever a friendly Beast dies, gain +2/+1 [2 mana, 2 attack, 2 health, Common]
- Patch 18.104.22.16840 (April or May 2013): Text changed from "Whenever a Beast dies, gain +2/+2." to "Whenever a Beast dies, gain +2/+1"
- Previously: Whenever a Beast dies, gain +2/+2 [2 mana, 2 attack, 2 health, Common]